ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Temporary Stamp 4 questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Adriaan dT
Newly Registered

Urgent Temporary Stamp 4 questions

Post by Adriaan dT » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:51 pm

Hi everyone. I am extremely relieved to find this forum and very hopeful that some of my queries can be answered here since the attorney I employed to assist me turned out to be pretty useless. My apologies for the lengthy post.

My wife is an EU passport holder and we're leaving for Dublin early April 2016.

With the South African Rand crashing our safety net while awaiting the above mentioned document has diminished significantly. Although we're still confident that we can make it work.

I'd love some feedback from people who have been through this process.

1. Our application has to include a lease agreement of sorts with our landlord. Can this include an extended booking with an airbnb host or hotel? I've received mixed feedback on this elsewhere.

2. Our application has to include an employment contract AND 2 payslips for my wife's full time job. Does this need to be a specific type of job since she's likely to be a waitress or something similar initially. We can't afford to wait for her to find a job in her niche field.

3. Is there anything else that we might need for this application and if we don't have all the supporting docs will they be requested later when we do have them.

4. Will I be deported if the application is not approved within the 90 days that my passport will be stamped for upon entry into the country. Since we're only likely to submit the application towards the end of the third month in the country, this is a significant concern. I've been told not to worry about this.

5.Is it unheard of to find any type of work (and I literally mean anything) while awaiting the Stamp 4. I'll search high and low and will take anything that I can.

6. Is it reasonable to expect the Stamp within 6 months after applying? What would a safe assumption be?

7. Is Cork an option to find work in the IT field? Or perhaps elsewhere that is more affordable?

Thank you for reading my post.

Regards
Adriaan and Kate