ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Utility Bill with BOTH names?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cheloz

Utility Bill with BOTH names?

Post by cheloz » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:48 am

Hi everyone! I'll go straight to the point to not bore you:

We live with our Landlord and because Virgin Media don't agree to put 3 names on the same Utility Bill, we had to do separately, meaning: put only my wife's name and wait for the utility bill, then call Virgin Media and put my name instead, wait another month for the utility bill.

so we actually sent 2 utility bills: one with the landlord and my wife's name, and one with the landlord and my name.

is that going to work? or if not, what are the options?

Thanks!

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Utility Bill with BOTH names?

Post by Mal111 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:28 am

i would suggest ask your landlord to write a cover letter to inis confimring that you two live with him and he cannot add you guys on bills as only two names can appear on the bill and landlord would like to have his name on every bill and sign all three of you.

in order to support you case make sure you have a contract with him and prtb.

also why dont you add your names on electricity and gas bills i was living with landlord once we had all of our three names on the bill.

PS: i am not a senior member so please consider other senior members suggestion two i just just have some experience when i applied my eu1 in 2012.

thanks

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:02 am

your applying for eu3 or eu1?

cheloz

Post by cheloz » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:42 am

we dont need prtb as its an owner-occupied house. the landlord wrote a letter that we live with him and all of us signed it, with it he gave us a water bill on his name.

its for EU 1.

are you certain that gas or electricity bills are able to hold 3 names on it? the landlord pays everything online so he doesnt receive letters of bills.

is a policy with Aviva insurance enough with both our names and address on it ?

Thanks for the reply

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:13 pm

bk then we were with electric ireland and yes we all 3 had our names on the bill me my wife and our landlord.
well dont want to stress you friend but inis will ask you for prtb i was living with my landlord and he got us the prtb.

cheloz

Post by cheloz » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:00 pm

on prtb website it says owner-occupied houses dont need prtb, i've printed and sent that article to EUTR.

what if the EUTR need more info, after 6 months of waiting they just refuse visa or say "supply us with this and that" and then give extra time?

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:56 am

yes your spot on i can not say this for sure but on this thread there are many people who have shared there experience how at the very end of sixth month they got refused because something was not submited the problem is how do you know what u have sent or explain for the doc you dont have is accepted by inis.

best way to go about is if your submitting a substitute document or providing explanation for a document you can not submit make sure you ask them that this wat you have explained or provided they are happy with it and accepted it. put it in an email for you record.