ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa type for join spouse urgent help

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khanmzk

Visa type for join spouse urgent help

Post by khanmzk » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:08 pm

HI ALL

i am trying to apply the join spouse visa on this link https://www.visas.inis.gov.ie/avats/Vis ... tails.aspx as i am a pakistani
national and my wife is british national but i am confuse what type of visa should i select short stay C OR long stay D
as it clearly say that class D IS FOR JOINING SPOUSE but most of the people on this forum have recomended CLASS C
and if you move down on this link there is a drop down menu asking for reason of travel in which these options are given

FAMILY MEMBER OF EU/EEA/SWISS CIT(SPOUSE)
FAMILY MEMBER OF EU/EEA/SWIISS CIT(PARTNER)
FAMILY MEMBER OF EU/EEA/SWISS CIT(OTHER)

JOIN FAMILY(NON-EEA)(SPOUSE)

AND SOME OTHER CATEGORIES KINDLY URGENT HELP IS NEEDED BECAUSE I AM GOING TO SEND MY DOCUMENTS BY NEXT WEEK
TO START MY PROCEESS.AS ALWAYS I GOT A GREAT FEEDBACK FOR ALL MY QUIRES I MADE ON THIS FORUM MANY THANKS
You May see me struggling but you will never see me quitting

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Re: VISA TYPE FOR JOIN SPOUSE URGENT HELP

Post by zaza7625 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:08 pm

khanmzk wrote:HI ALL

i am trying to apply the join spouse visa on this link https://www.visas.inis.gov.ie/avats/Vis ... tails.aspx as i am a pakistani
national and my wife is british national but i am confuse what type of visa should i select short stay C OR long stay D
as it clearly say that class D IS FOR JOINING SPOUSE but most of the people on this forum have recomended CLASS C
and if you move down on this link there is a drop down menu asking for reason of travel in which these options are given

FAMILY MEMBER OF EU/EEA/SWISS CIT(SPOUSE)
FAMILY MEMBER OF EU/EEA/SWIISS CIT(PARTNER)
FAMILY MEMBER OF EU/EEA/SWISS CIT(OTHER)

JOIN FAMILY(NON-EEA)(SPOUSE)

AND SOME OTHER CATEGORIES KINDLY URGENT HELP IS NEEDED BECAUSE I AM GOING TO SEND MY DOCUMENTS BY NEXT WEEK
TO START MY PROCEESS.AS ALWAYS I GOT A GREAT FEEDBACK FOR ALL MY QUIRES I MADE ON THIS FORUM MANY THANKS
hi
I was in similar situation as you.I mentioned visa D but
i've got only visa C. but as soon as you come to ireland
and get stam4, consider that you automatically
get visaD. First you will be issued visa c and after succesfull
process of immigration,you will be issued visa d..
as for another thing you are interested,I have pointed
out option join/accompany eu citizen and thus i git visa after 5 months waiting.

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Fri May 01, 2015 10:39 am

thanks alot for your reply zaza but could you please be more specific about the category because if you go on this link
https://www.visas.inis.gov.ie/avats/Vis ... tails.aspx there is no such type like you said JOIN/ACCOMPANY
could you explain clearly which category i come under and also why 5 months? as i have got information from this forum
that it would take 4 weeks if i have all the documents complete so could you please eleborate more so i will go ahead and select the right category many thanks for your endless support

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Fri May 01, 2015 9:54 pm

If you want your application to be processed using the accelerated procedure, you should pick type C / Single entry / FAMILY MEMBER OF EU/EEA/SWISS CIT(SPOUSE). Also specify on the cover letter you join with the application that you are applying wonder EU Directive 2004/38/EC.

Usually join spouse visa are type D, but there is an exception for doing an EU spouse.

Prince_irl

Post by Prince_irl » Sat May 02, 2015 12:03 am

KhanmZk....

U r just posting. This is your 2nd or 3rd topic asking same question again and again . Just fill the form..... And submitted it. By asking question u can take visa... Mazay akhlay :p
application sent...18/01/2016
paymen taken 21/01/2016
biomatics letter...03/02/2016 (dated 28/01/2016)
biomatrics given 07/02/2016
COA with work 15/02/2016
Passport back request 10/02/2016
passport back......20/02/2016
RC Arrive....4/08/2016

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Sat May 02, 2015 1:08 pm

jeuspy thanks alot for confirming and also prince_irl i am not making fun my brother i am very new to all this and i dont want
to make mistakes as i have learnt so much from this forum..and also the best thing about this forum everybody takes interest in
the topics and share there experince..

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Sat May 02, 2015 1:35 pm

khanmzk wrote:thanks alot for your reply zaza but could you please be more specific about the category because if you go on this link
https://www.visas.inis.gov.ie/avats/Vis ... tails.aspx there is no such type like you said JOIN/ACCOMPANY
could you explain clearly which category i come under and also why 5 months? as i have got information from this forum
that it would take 4 weeks if i have all the documents complete so could you please eleborate more so i will go ahead and select the right category many thanks for your endless support
i do not know mate why they needed 5 months for visa issue.probably the reason is that
i pointed visa d category as there is explanation that,
if you are a spouse of eu citizen you can choose visa d category but i got c visa instead. Why they need so much time for visa issuance,they told me because of huge numbers of visa applications.but it does not 100% percent mean that you will get the visa after 5 months. You might get it straightaway,
depends how close you case in on the shelfe and who takes your case.

All the best

khanmzk

Post by khanmzk » Sat May 02, 2015 2:09 pm

thanks alot zaza again for your endless help

aligo
Ireland

Post by aligo » Tue May 05, 2015 8:51 pm

Hi Khan

it take about 6 weeks in Pakistan to process. You need to apply for C visa

peter001
Newly Registered

Post by peter001 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:56 pm

aligo wrote:Hi Khan

it take about 6 weeks in Pakistan to process. You need to apply for C visa

Can i have your e-mail address please ? need to ask 1-2 things about spouse visa. not able to pm u atm.

aligo
Ireland

Post by aligo » Wed May 06, 2015 10:38 am

aligo
Ireland

Post by aligo » Wed May 06, 2015 8:26 pm

hi you are more than welcome this forum is very helpfu

BSEVER
Newly Registered

Post by BSEVER » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:56 am

jeupsy wrote:If you want your application to be processed using the accelerated procedure, you should pick type C / Single entry / FAMILY MEMBER OF EU/EEA/SWISS CIT(SPOUSE). Also specify on the cover letter you join with the application that you are applying wonder EU Directive 2004/38/EC.

Usually join spouse visa are type D, but there is an exception for doing an EU spouse.
Hi jeupsy,
I hope you will read this.Your explanation is very helpful for me. I am going to apply for short c visa as a EU spouse, as you know d type takes very long time. My husband already lives in Ireland. The question I want to ask that Is your explanation already valid currently? Consulate of Ireland in Turkey insist on that I should apply to join spouse D type, I dont understand. Thank you so much