ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visit visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kite runner
Newly Registered

visit visa

Post by kite runner » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Hi everyone

I am married to a non EU national who is due to receive naturalization this year or early next year. His mother (non EEA citizen) has visited us before on a 3 month visit visa. We want to bring her to visit again but is there any way she can stay longer than 3 months (to help me with a newborn baby), or else get a visa that she would be able to go and come without applying for a visa each time like a visa thats valid for 1 or 2 years where she can come and visit for a few months at a time?

If such a system isn't available, can she come for 3 months, then return to her country and apply for another visit visa? Can she receive more than 1 visit visa per year?

Thanks

T & G

Re: visit visa

Post by T & G » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:24 pm

kite runner wrote:Hi everyone

I am married to a non EU national who is due to receive naturalization this year or early next year. His mother (non EEA citizen) has visited us before on a 3 month visit visa. We want to bring her to visit again but is there any way she can stay longer than 3 months (to help me with a newborn baby), or else get a visa that she would be able to go and come without applying for a visa each time like a visa thats valid for 1 or 2 years where she can come and visit for a few months at a time?

If such a system isn't available, can she come for 3 months, then return to her country and apply for another visit visa? Can she receive more than 1 visit visa per year?

Thanks
As far as I know she cant stay no longer than 90 days in the state even on her second visit. and because she is non EEA, she has to apply for a visa each time she wants to visit you.she cant apply for a multiply visa. I think there is no limit for applying for a visa and she can apply it again when she gets back to her home country. If you are the one who sponsors her visit here in Ireland you have to provide your financial background, and so does she. And she also has to explain in her letter to the visa officer the reason why she wants to visit you.
hope that helps:)

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: visit visa

Post by banana07 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:06 am

removed - added to wrong post!
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia