ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting the country while waiting for work permit decision?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

giblet
United States of America

Visiting the country while waiting for work permit decision?

Post by giblet » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:11 pm

My employer has applied for a work permit so that I can work in our Ireland office.

The application was submitted on January 4th. However, I was in the country on a business visa from October through January.

I'm now back in the US and would like to visit Ireland for a week in mid-February. If I do this, will I endanger my work permit application at all?

Would coming on a business visa again for a week be suspicious or should I just come on a tourist visa? (If I came as a tourist I wouldn't work, of course--I'm looking to go for personal not work-related reasons.)

Any advice would help. My employer wrote the the work permits people, but they haven't responded and I need to get my ticket asap.

Thanks!

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:39 pm

I doubt it would have any relevance to your application. I dont think they are very prompt at responding to emails though. You could always call the immigration helpline to confirm though. Ring promptly at 10:00 AM as you may otherwise be waiting for hours in the phone queue.