ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wanting to move with EU spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shnooks1
Newly Registered

Wanting to move with EU spouse

Post by shnooks1 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:27 am

Hi. I asked some questions before and this forum was very nice and helpful. I currently live in the US with my Italian husband. He is very unhappy here and wants to move to Ireland. I do as well, but I'm terrified of the short time frame we would have to get settled in. I'm worried that he will not find a job and will not be able to exercise his treaty rights within 3 months. At the moment we have enough money saved up to last a while but I'm afraid of wasting it on plane tickets back if we fail.

We are going to try our best but if he can't find work how exactly can he qualify as a job-seeker? I read that being a job-seeker can count as exercising treaty rights, is this true?
I don't want to end up doing this but is it possible (and legal) to reset the 3 months by travelling outside Ireland and coming back in? Are there other easier options for extending our stay?

Hopefully I'm just being paranoid and we would not have as much difficulty as I think we will.
I highly appreciate any answers or advice. Thank you.