ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to Write In 3EUFAM SPOUSE section after Divorced

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

roddy1984

What to Write In 3EUFAM SPOUSE section after Divorced

Post by roddy1984 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:50 pm

Hi>
I got divorced from my EU Wife & Got retention on EU5. Soon I am going to apply for Permanent Resistance card on 3EUFAM. My question is in my Ex EU wife section 2 what I have to write because I am divorced & got retention. Because I am not intouch with my Ex anymore & even I will be in touch with her, she is not going to give me her documents anymore. do i have to leave that part blank ?
please somebody can advice me on that asap.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: What to Write In 3EUFAM SPOUSE section after Divorced

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:17 am

I was in a similar situation like you couple of years ago. I got retention and than applied for Permanent Resistance card on form EU3. In the spouse section I wrote down that " I am applying for the Permanent Resistance card on my own rights as I am granted retention on dated xxx. Please find my attached retention letter issued by your department".

In section 2 you better to write down your ex wife details like name, nationality, gender, date of birth and PPS number and in address section you can write that you are divorced and no longer live together and you don't know her where abouts and you are applying for the Permanent Resistance card on your own rights and that you are granted retention.

In section 3 write down the same what i mentioned above.

I would also recommend to write a cover letter and explain your circumstances in it and repeat in the letter again and again that you are granted retention on dated xxx. Make sure you attach your original divorce certificate and your retention approval letter.

Make sure you send every letter to DOJ by registered post and also make sure you keep the photo copy of each and every document what you send to them. Some times it might get lost or some times its not in your file any more. so make sure you have a backup as they can ask you for anything any time during the application.

DOJ make it very hard even after divorce.

They have accepted my EU3 form but for the next few months they kept asking me for my wife activity in the state where it was very clear that I was divorced and I have no contact with her and that i got retention. As i had the copies of my ex documents so i was keep sending them and in every corresponding I was telling them again and again that I am divorced and I am applying for Permanent Resistance card on my own rights.

Anyway the end was good and my Permanent Resistance card was approved for 10 years.

Any question do let me know and good luck.

one2three

Post by one2three » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:34 am

Calvin is absolutely right.

But I think that you still have to send your wifes docs from marriage till you get the divorce ...
For ecample if you lived toegther for three years before you got divorce then you have to send your wifes docs foe those three years and 2 years of your docs after divorce to get PR.

Can you plz tell me when and how you got the retention as i am going through the process.

Thanks
I am because we are.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:06 pm

Yes one2three is right, you have to submit all the documents of ur ex wife, like her P60/P21, utility bills, bank statement, private medical insurance, landlord/tenency agreement on both of ur names up to the time you were living together.

Once again i will stress on keeping the backup of the docs u send to DOJ. They might come back in few weeks and ask for the same document.

Good Luck

@ one2three: What do u want to know about retention ? Please clarify ur question / concerns.

one2three

Post by one2three » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:04 pm

Nothing particular calvin
You have given me enough information regarding retention
I just wanted to know when he applied and what docs he used and how long it took the department to decide his retention.

Thanks
I am because we are.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:39 pm

Few years ago for retention DOJ asked me for proof of address, and proof of exercising treaty rights of my ex wife. I provided them utility bills on both of ours names, joint bank statement, private medical insurance, tenancy agreement, my jobs letter and payslips. my P60 and her P60 etc.

It took them about 5 months in my case and it very much depends on the person who is dealing with ur application. So i am sure your case would be dealt within 3 to 6 months.

Again, make sure to take photo copies of every letter you send to DOJ and use REGISTERED post only.

Good Luck