ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Widow Pension in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bido
Newly Registered

Widow Pension in Ireland

Post by bido » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:37 pm

Hello. am From No Eu(Morocco) me and my irish GirlFriends planning to Get Married in Ireland at the Moment am Living in Ireland .as Student .My question is That .My GirlFriend .she is on Widow Pension .and my Question is if we get Married is she going to Lose Her Widow Pension .because she is not working at The Moment .am as student can she claim something for me as well till i Got Job Thank You So Much .

bido
Newly Registered

Re: Widow Pension in Ireland

Post by bido » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:47 pm

any help or information Thanks

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:44 pm

About the pension she will lose it straight away if she has a partner even before yous gonna get narried

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:49 am

your girlfriend will automatically lose her Widows pension even if you start cohabiting (living together ) , however she may be entitled to job seekers allowance or any other unemployment benefits , if she is on other unemployment benefits yes she can claim increases on your behalf so :widows pension is €193.50 per week plus an increase of about €23.5 per child , but she can not claim for you , in the contrary she would actually lose it if both of you live together never mind getting married .
as for unemployment benefits or job seekers benefits she can actually claim for a child if she has any plus claim an increase for adult partner which is € 188 plus increase for a child plus an increase of €124 for you as a qualifying adult partner . (please bear in mind that certain adult partners do not qualify for this increase as it depends on your residency status in the state : failed asylum seekers , undocumented persons ) . so you say that you are a student do you have just a student visa or are you ordinary legal resident ? because if you are on a student visa i think they will have to assess her application , as it is not automatically paid , but if you have permission to remain under stamp4 ,i think you should be ok .

Good luck

bido
Newly Registered

Post by bido » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:05 pm

am in The Country With Student Visa. i renew it Every Year .we Dont Have any Child to Claim Thanks You So Much For Your Attention and Information .
What i Dont Understand like we are planing to Get Married we dont have attention to just live Like That as boyfriend and Girlfriend we are engaged and we are planning to Get Married . i just Wonder That till we got job how we could survive and we are not entitle to claim anyHelp .plus my partner she will lose Her pension ?
Thanks for your information i appreciate your Answer and Help .

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:51 am

ok , so what if your future wife loses her pension ? not a big deal .
let me clarify this further : as per my previous post your wife would certainly and immediately lose her widows pension once you both live together or get married .having said that she would still be entitled to some sort of welfare payment (unemployment benefit and assistance ) . so as per my previous post your fiancée is now getting about € 193.50 but if you get married of course you will get a stamp4 yourself therefore she can claim for you as well so she will be getting € 188 per week for herself and an increase of €124 per week for yourself (remember not on Widows Pension) .so why are you worried about not being able to survive if you are surviving on € 193.5 now ,then certainly you should be able to survive on € 312. (of course your wife will have to sign on every week , and that is the only draw down comparing to her current situation with the widows pension where she doesn't need to sign on every week or go near their office at all , as the money is automatically lodged into her account .)

bido
Newly Registered

Post by bido » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:04 am

Thanks For your information .I really Dont know how to say thanks to you .one more question if you Dont mind .in ur Reply You Mention stamp4 For what This Mean .when You said I will be having Stamp4? thank you

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:37 am

you are welcome and no probs ,
ok as a student probably your GNIB card have a Stamp2 ( you are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week )or Stamp 2A (you are not allowed to wrok) . also if you are the holder of Stamp2 your future wife may find it difficult to claim the €124 on your behalf on top of her employment benefit, however if and when you get married, go back to the Immigration Office and ask for your Residency Permit to be changed from Stamp2(Student Permission) to Stamp4 (Spouse of irish National Permission) you will be given a GNIB Card with Stamp4 which will allow you to work freely anywhere you want in ireland plus your future wife will be automatically entitled to claim the € 124 for you when she changes from widows pension to job seekers/ unemployment benefit , having said that if and when you get a job your € 124 will be gone and your wife's benefits may be gone or reduced it all depends on how many hours you work and how much money you make , but for the time that you are a student your case would be : €188+€124 =312 your wife should get once you are married and get a GNIB Card Stamp4 .

bido
Newly Registered

Post by bido » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:02 am

Thanks so Much for all your important information

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:36 pm

bido wrote:Thanks so Much for all your important information

you are very welcome , if you need to ask any more questions please ask away no probs at all, if i can answer i will be more than happy to do so .

good luck with everything ...

bido
Newly Registered

Post by bido » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:12 pm

How are you can u tell me please document i need to take with me to immgratiomto change from stamp 2 to stamp 4 thanks ?