ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife has visa now what next?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing

Wife has visa now what next?

Post by robsters » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:56 pm

Hello

so my wife has the C entry visa at last hoyray! i traveld back before her to the uk and plan to get rented accommodation, still looking for a job which is quite challenging it seems, maybe get easier once i go to ireland next week

my wife plans fly over next week to but i have two questions

how do i get her the residence permit? can we apply right away with me unemployed? if not can we get this before her 90 day visa runs out?

also how would i get my wife health insurance? do i have to wait until she has the residence card?

anyone can help as i dont have time to read through the entire forum

kind regards
p.s anyone know of any jobs in dublin?

jeupsy

Re: Wife has visa now what next?

Post by jeupsy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:40 pm

From you message I assume you are a UK citizen and she is non EU?

If this is the case, she will only be able to apply for a residence card once you are working (and have some paperwork related to you accommodation).

See section 4 of the application form for the exact list of documents she will need: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... %20EU1.pdf

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:47 pm

you assumed correctly yes :) thank you for the link !

yeah looking for a job, accommodation looks like i can do right away as i can use my dad as a garatour which helps, finding the job seems to be the main struggle :(

will she be ok to apply even with a C entry visa?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:56 pm

robsters wrote:will she be ok to apply even with a C entry visa?
Yes for this type of residence card she can apply regardless the visa type she used to enter Ireland (even as a tourist). The only thing will be to gather the documents before her visa expires.

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi robsters,

Could you please tell me what your wifes visa stamp specifically says?

I applied for accompany but i wife will instead join me in ireland.

Thanks.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:53 pm

Hi Robster,
Congrats, you need to get a job first or have Enuff money saved up before you can do an eu1 app on behalf of your wife. My husband got in a months and half ago and I only just started working last week. Have been in Ireland since November. So I will be doing his eu1 app just as his visa is about to expire in feb.

Come ahead of your wife and get a job Asap to prove u r exceeding ur treaty rights.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:55 pm

Alpha gear,
It doesn't matter she will still be allowed in at the point of entry. My husbands visa was join/acc EU spouse so it goes either way. As long as it's a valid visa she will be allowed in. Goodluck