ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mac
Newly Registered

Work visa

Post by Mac » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:16 pm

:? Hi my name is Mac and I am currently working in Korea. I already have a working visa but my concern is that I am staying in Korea illegally, I was wondering if I will have a problem entering Ireland even if I have legal working permit from my employer?

Will my previous living status in Korea affect my entry to Ireland?

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:01 pm

You're not in a good situation.

Most westernized countries these days will want to see pretty thorough documentation on the last countries/years of your life.

I'm not directly familiar with Ireland and the various forms and documents you have to fill out, so you might slide by.

Often you will have to give your last address(es) and often get a police record for the last country & year(s) of your life.

This is not to say you're without hope ... but get copies of all forms you need to fill out and study exactly & very carefully what questions you will have to answer and what information/documents you will have to provide.

All this becomes part of your international record, and it's getting really difficult to obfuscate "inconvenient" details. They tend to follow you for five to fifteen years nowadays, depending on which country you attempt to enter.

Good Luck!

The Admin