ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Zambrano

Post by euspouse07 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:44 am

Dear all
The post is bit long and complicated; so bear with me.
I was residing in the state with my Irish born citizen child and my Irish citizen partner till sep2016.
I was given permission on the basis of parentage of Irish born citizen child.
We moved to Canada in September 2016.I tried to get my permission extended but I was told to come in January 2017 when that was due to expire.I could not travel back to Ireland due to health reasons.
Now, my permission nearly expires and I am not in the position to travel.
But I want to go back and live in Ireland.As I am visa national therefore I require a visa to enter in the state.
I wonder which is the better route should I take;
1.Apply for entry visa on the basis of my Irish born citizen child.
2.Apply for visitor visa as I still have friends there and I also own residential property there.
3.Apply for visa being the de facto partner of an Irish citizen.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Zambrano

Post by Obie » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:00 am

The minister takes the view that Zambrano parents who are not ordinarily resident in Ireland cannot enter under that provision.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP16000117

I think they are wrong. It may be tough to convince them you are entering as visitor but you can try.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Zambrano

Post by euspouse07 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:59 pm

Obie wrote:The minister takes the view that Zambrano parents who are not ordinarily resident in Ireland cannot enter under that provision.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP16000117

I think they are wrong. It may be tough to convince them you are entering as a visitor but you can try.
Thanks Obie for your input.
I have carefully read the policy document on Non-EEA family reunification.Although they did mention about the Parent of Irish-born Citizen children but it is still ambiguous.However, it shows that department approach would be softer considering all the conditions for the betterment of Irish citizen child.(Plz check policy document 19.1,19.2,19.3,19.4,19.5)
As I mentioned in the previous post I am also Defacto partner of Irish Citizen that enable me to take that route as well where my partner acts as a sponsor but I was skeptical as we both are currently living in Canada.
The following phrase is extracted from the policy document on Non-EEA family reunification
12.3 The Sponsor of an application for Family Reunification may be one of the followings
a) an Irish citizen residing or intending to reside in Ireland;
As it clearly states that a mere intention would suffice for an Irish Citizen to act as sponsor.The required threshold income for cumulative three years in 40k which is achieved as he was working continuously in Ireland from last few years till we moved away in September 2016.
My humble request to you please read this and give me ur opinion.
PS: We are blessed with new baby and he will be dual citizen ( Irish and Canadian)