ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I eligible for Tanzanian Citizenship?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Karim999
Newly Registered

Am I eligible for Tanzanian Citizenship?

Post by Karim999 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:44 am

I was born in Yemen and I have Yemeni Citizenship. My mum is also a Yemeni citizen and she was born in Yemen. But my father, who is now dead, was born in Tanzania and he had Tanzanian citizenship. But during the 60's and 70's there was a lot of political problems in Tanzania. So my father left Tanzania to live in Yemen and become a citizen of Yemen because he was of Yemeni origin. He got Yemeni Citizenship, but he had to give up his Tanzanian citizenship which he did. I believe both my fathers parents were also born in Tanzania as well.
I want to know if I am eligible for Tanzanian citizenship through my late father? Life in Yemen is very difficult and hard. I have many more prospects in Tanzania for a number of reasons. I want to know if I am eligible for Tanzanian citizenship, I'd be willing to give up Yemeni citizenship as dual citizenship is not allowed in Tanzania as I understand it. My father became a Yemeni Citizen before I was born. So he wasn't a Tanzanian citizen at the time of my birth, if that is of any relevance.

vinny

Re: Am I eligible for Tanzanian Citizenship?

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:55 am

Did your father have Tanzanian Citizenship at the time of your birth?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Karim999
Newly Registered

Post by Karim999 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:09 am

Hello Vinny, I already said 'he wasn't a Tanzanian citizen at the time of my birth'. So no he didn't have Tanzanian citizenship at the time of my birth. But he was born in Tanzania and so were his parents. I hope this fact doesn't spoil my chances of getting Tanzanian citizenship.

Karim999
Newly Registered

Post by Karim999 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:30 pm

Does no one have an answer to my question?