ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for new passport for overstayer

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

diggingdeep

Application for new passport for overstayer

Post by diggingdeep » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:01 pm

Hello Members,

I am goiong to apply for 14 years long residence soon. Current my passport is out of date for couple of years. I am planning to apply for new one from my embassy soon.

I just wonder me being overstayer.

1. Will i be able to apply for new passport? or should wait until i get my IRL.

2. Embassy do they contact UKBA regarding passport application from overstayers?

3. I just wonder if it is requirement to have visa/status before applying for passport.

Thank you all in advance.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:07 pm

diggingdeep wrote:Hello Members,

I am goiong to apply for 14 years long residence soon. Current my passport is out of date for couple of years. I am planning to apply for new one from my embassy soon.

I just wonder me being overstayer.

1. Will i be able to apply for new passport? or should wait until i get my IRL.

2. Embassy do they contact UKBA regarding passport application from overstayers?

3. I just wonder if it is requirement to have visa/status before applying for passport.

Thank you all in advance.
It will depend on the policy that the embassy of your country of citizenship follows to issue a passport to citizens who:
1. are currently in UK illegally,
2. have valid leave to remain in the UK but entered UK illegally and the most recent passport issued expired years ago.

No one can comment on the internal procedures that an embassy may follow for any verifications, if required, with immigration authorities (UKBA).

Any particular reason for deleting your posts after you have received the answers that you are looking for?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:52 pm

Thank you very much for your explanation sushdmehta. You are doing great for this forum.

I did provide too much information about myself which on reflection i wasn't comfotable with to remain in public forum.

Please accept my apology if i have broken any rules/guidelines.