ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Details on birth certificate for OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Comrade10
Newly Registered

Details on birth certificate for OCI

Post by Comrade10 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:20 am

Dear friends ,

As I read on the vfs website that I would need a my birth certificate to apply for OCI , I have got made one for me . However on reading the guidance notes again on the website I found that it says that the birth certificate should also have the name of the registrar who has signed it and also his contact number for verification . Now my birth certificate has the seal and signature of the registrar , but his name and contact number are not mentioned on it . So I am wondering whether the VFS and high commission of India would accept my birth certificate or will they insist on getting these details . I am not sure that it would be possible even to get these details on the birth certificate , I mean I don't know whether the registrar would agree to provide his name and contact number on the certificate . I am quite worried because of this .
Could you please advise me as to what is the best course of action for me in this situation .

Many thanks

pentaya
India

Re: Details on birth certificate for OCI

Post by pentaya » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:27 pm

Comrade10 wrote:Dear friends ,

As I read on the vfs website that I would need a my birth certificate to apply for OCI , I have got made one for me . However on reading the guidance notes again on the website I found that it says that the birth certificate should also have the name of the registrar who has signed it and also his contact number for verification . Now my birth certificate has the seal and signature of the registrar , but his name and contact number are not mentioned on it . So I am wondering whether the VFS and high commission of India would accept my birth certificate or will they insist on getting these details . I am not sure that it would be possible even to get these details on the birth certificate , I mean I don't know whether the registrar would agree to provide his name and contact number on the certificate . I am quite worried because of this .
Could you please advise me as to what is the best course of action for me in this situation .

Many thanks
Submit your surrender certificate. If you dont have one, submit your 10th grade certificate

Comrade10
Newly Registered

Post by Comrade10 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:19 am

Thanks for your advice . I will get my surrender certificate soon . So just to confirm you are advising me to submit my surrender certificate and my 10th grade marksheet . In other words instead of birth certificate I should rather submit my 10th grade marksheet along with the surrender certificate ?
Please could you confirm .

Many thanks

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:46 pm

Comrade10 wrote:Thanks for your advice . I will get my surrender certificate soon . So just to confirm you are advising me to submit my surrender certificate and my 10th grade marksheet . In other words instead of birth certificate I should rather submit my 10th grade marksheet along with the surrender certificate ?
Please could you confirm .

Many thanks
If you have surrender certificate, No need to submit anything else.
Just submit
Surrender Certificate
Naturalisation Certificate
British Passport

Comrade10
Newly Registered

Post by Comrade10 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:33 pm

Hi Pentaya ,

Thanks a lot for the clarification . I would submit these three documents only as you have advised . Many thanks once again .

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:46 am

Comrade10 wrote:Hi Pentaya ,

Thanks a lot for the clarification . I would submit these three documents only as you have advised . Many thanks once again .
Remember, Indian Govt can request any additional documents if required. In general, The above documents suffices the purpose.