ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I don't have a birth certificate and I have to apply for OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Captain1
Newly Registered

I don't have a birth certificate and I have to apply for OCI

Post by Captain1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:18 pm

Hello friends ,

I have acquired British Citizenship by naturalization . I have surrendered my Indian passport and will now and will apply for OCI once I get my surrender certificate . However , I don't have either my birth certificate or school leaving certificate . I am worried will I need these documents to apply for OCI . I have my 10th standard mark sheet which has my date of birth on it . Will that be of any use if I have to furnish evidence .
I need your advice on this friends as I just don't know what to do . Thanks

secret.simon

Re: I don't have a birth certificate and I have to apply for

Post by secret.simon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:20 pm

Did you not have your date of birth on your surrendered Indian passport? How was that evidenced?

Also, a question for the Other Countries forum. Can the mods move it please?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Captain1
Newly Registered

Post by Captain1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:25 pm

secret.simon wrote:Did you not have your date of birth on your surrendered Indian passport? How was that evidenced?

Also, a question for the Other Countries forum. Can the mods move it please?
I have my date of birth on my surrendered passport and I used my 10th standard mark sheet when I applied for my Indian passport . So I got my passport on the basis of my mark sheet only .

Captain1
Newly Registered

Post by Captain1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:09 am

When I surrendered my Indian passport no questions were asked about my birth certificate or date of birth but now i am concerned whether I will need to submit a birth certificate as well when i apply for OCI.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:54 pm

Captain1 wrote:When I surrendered my Indian passport no questions were asked about my birth certificate or date of birth but now i am concerned whether I will need to submit a birth certificate as well when i apply for OCI.
No You dont need to... Only surrender certificate and if applicable you can upload 10th Mark list.