ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India Travel after British Citizenship

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vipinarora
Newly Registered

India Travel after British Citizenship

Post by vipinarora » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi,
I got british citizenship certificate and now as per law I need to destroy and send my ILR to home office within 5 days.

I have my India passport still with me . Can I travel India on this as seems there is 3 month grace period .

Anyone experienced this ? is this rule that we can travel India without visa/OCI stated officially in any of Indian government website ?

Thanks for help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: India Travel after British Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:02 pm

Yes you have a 90 day grace period.

You will need to convince the airlines in India to let you board though if you do not have a British Passport as proof of right to enter the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rmukherjee

Post by rmukherjee » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:17 am

vipinarora wrote:Hi,
I got british citizenship certificate and now as per law I need to destroy and send my ILR to home office within 5 days.

I have my India passport still with me . Can I travel India on this as seems there is 3 month grace period .

Anyone experienced this ? is this rule that we can travel India without visa/OCI stated officially in any of Indian government website ?

Thanks for help.
Without the British passport it is going to be quite hard - convincing Indian immigration, the airlines and the UK Border people. Have you tried applying for a UK passport? I got mine quite quickly after applying.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:39 pm

vipinarora wrote:Hi,

Thanks for help.
Its easy for you to goto India but how can you return without British Passport ?
Even though you travel to INDIA on the INDIAN passport, you ARE LIABLE TO PAY a fine of £145.