ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian New born baby passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jobinscaria

Re: Photo Specification

Post by jobinscaria » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:19 am

ksaravanans wrote:
jobinscaria wrote:
amolrakheja wrote:
jobinscaria wrote:
Just to let you know that I applied for birth certificate on27/02 and received it today 02/03,
Hi Jobin
I am still confused as my baby has already got the birth certificate from Cardiff council then why do we need birth certificate from Indian high commission.

I spoke with one of my friend he applied for his daughter's passport 4 months ago, he said he didnt get any birth certificate from HCI. He went there and submitted the form at counsulate section, paid them the fees and then they asked him to go to passport section to apply for the passport on the same day & he received the passport in a week's time.

Regarding photo - I have got the picture done today and it's white background. Can you please tell if this is ok or do we need any other colour background. And when we upload the picture & signature then how to re-size it. Do I need to scan the signature & upload it as well. Do i need to take the colour print out of that form or black & white print out is fine.

If they are sending birth certificate by post, shall I take special delivery prepaid A4 size envelope.

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Thanks in advance
Amol
Hi Amol,

As per section 4(1) of citizenship act, a child born abroad has to be registered with the cocerened Indian mission abroad in order to apply for an Indian passport by descent. Previously, you used to able to submit the birth registration form as well as the passport on the same day in London HC. So they used to issue 2 tokens, and you apply for birth registration first in the consulate office and then apply for passport showing the receipt issued by consulate. They have changed it in London, now when you apply for passport you have to take a copy of birth certificate issued by HC. I am not sure when they changed it and don't know whether it is the same in other consulates. One of the applicant told me that both could be done on the same day in Birmingham, he mistakenly went there in the first place, but was under London HC jurisdiction. Also best to have the passport application as well handy just in case if they changed it back to apply on the same day, to be sensible. I doubt this be the case.

I took one photo 35*45 on white background for passport and another one 35*35 on off white background( the specification on the consulate website says light background and not white) for birth registration.I am not sure how strict they are on the photo rules. I took a photo of the signature, both photo and signature were resized using Microsoft picture manager. I took a colour print out, but I don't think it matters, because the only colour thing in the form is the photo and you anyway got to affix a photo on top of the printed photo.

Yep, special delivery A4 should be fine.

Cheers
Jobin
A quick question...what happens after submitting online ? Does the application only gets processed only after we submit the same in person? when can we make passport application after that?
You have to take print out of the online form, sign the relevant places and submit it in person or alternatively post it with the relevant documents. Only then the application is processed. Passport application can be done after you receive the birth certificate, which is normally a week after submission.

Jobin

majumdar.anamitra7

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:20 pm

jobinscaria wrote:As bubin said, you can't apply for passport and birth registration on the same day in London hc. I went there today, but was given only consulate token. They seemed to have changed it recently, it's rubbish as I reached there around 7am and had to wait till 8:30 outside in the freezing weather and I need to go there again next week or so after receiving the birth certificate. You need to carry the exact change and a prepaid postage envelope if you are not planning to collect it personally.

Hi Jobin,

As you have applied recently in london can you please help me with the below queries. It will be of great help :

Both myself and my spouse are Indian by birth and are in UK on Tier 2 (ICT) visa. Our baby daughter was born in UK on 13/03/2013. I need to apply for her birth registration at the Indian consulate and Indian Passport. We will be applying in London. Can someone please help us with the below queries :

Do I need to bring my spouse and new born baby to the Indian Embassy for submission of documents for birth registration and Indian Passport?
Can both birth registration and Indian Passport be applied on the same day?
As my new born baby is below 18 years of age, does she need to sign/thumb impression on the application forms?
Do we need to submit a ' A declaration that the minor child does not hold the passport of any other country' ? If yes can u please provide a sample declaration? This document is mentioned in the hci website for birth registration.
Do we need to notarise the declaration?
Which all document photocopies needs to be self attested by us?

jobinscaria

Post by jobinscaria » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:45 am

majumdar.anamitra7 wrote:
jobinscaria wrote:As bubin said, you can't apply for passport and birth registration on the same day in London hc. I went there today, but was given only consulate token. They seemed to have changed it recently, it's rubbish as I reached there around 7am and had to wait till 8:30 outside in the freezing weather and I need to go there again next week or so after receiving the birth certificate. You need to carry the exact change and a prepaid postage envelope if you are not planning to collect it personally.

Hi Jobin,

As you have applied recently in london can you please help me with the below queries. It will be of great help :

Both myself and my spouse are Indian by birth and are in UK on Tier 2 (ICT) visa. Our baby daughter was born in UK on 13/03/2013. I need to apply for her birth registration at the Indian consulate and Indian Passport. We will be applying in London. Can someone please help us with the below queries :

Do I need to bring my spouse and new born baby to the Indian Embassy for submission of documents for birth registration and Indian Passport?
Can both birth registration and Indian Passport be applied on the same day?
As my new born baby is below 18 years of age, does she need to sign/thumb impression on the application forms?
Do we need to submit a ' A declaration that the minor child does not hold the passport of any other country' ? If yes can u please provide a sample declaration? This document is mentioned in the hci website for birth registration.
Do we need to notarise the declaration?
Which all document photocopies needs to be self attested by us?
Hi Anamitra,

No, you don't need to take your newborn or spouse to apply for birth registration and passport.

No, you cannot apply for birth registration and passport on the same day in London. You first need to apply for birth registration and only once you receive it you can apply for passport.

Yes, thumb impression is required on the passport application form.

This declaration is part of the birth registration form, you first need to fill in all the details online and when you print that application form, this declaration is part of it.

You don't need to notarise.

Passport copies need to be self attested by the passport holder and marriage certificate copy by both.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Jobin

majumdar.anamitra7

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:05 am

thanks a lot jacob. this really helps. jusr wanted to know by passport copies we mean - the firsr two and last two pages only right?

jobinscaria

Post by jobinscaria » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:04 am

majumdar.anamitra7 wrote:thanks a lot jacob. this really helps. jusr wanted to know by passport copies we mean - the firsr two and last two pages only right?
If your visa is in the passport, then you need self attested copies of that as well, otherwise self attested copies of BRP.

majumdar.anamitra7

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:45 am

thanks a lot jobin.just wanted to know that for the baby's uk short and full birth certificate copies, does it need to be self attested?

jobinscaria

Post by jobinscaria » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:56 pm

majumdar.anamitra7 wrote:thanks a lot jobin.just wanted to know that for the baby's uk short and full birth certificate copies, does it need to be self attested?
I just signed them as well.

majumdar.anamitra7

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Thanks a lot jobin. I got my baby's passport photos today for birth regsitration and indian passport:

a) The baby eyes are closed in that but the phoographer from 'snappy snaps' said that for babies under one year this is acceptable. Is that so? Can you please help.
b) In the passport application form - do we need to put the baby's thumb impression under her photo also? There is box to sign under the photo.
c) How many photos do we need to submit for indian passport? The website says 4 photos. Is this including the photo attached on the form?

jobinscaria

Post by jobinscaria » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:35 pm

1. I am not sure about this. We managed to get the photos with eyes open. Best to check with the consulate "att.passport@hcilondon.in". I used to get reply on the same day on workings days.

2. Yes you need to put thump impression under the photo. I think there are 3 places where you need to put baby's thump impression in the passport application form.

3. You need only 4 for passport including the photo affixed on the form. For birth registration you have to submit another one in a different specification.

Hope this helps.

Jobin.

majumdar.anamitra7 wrote:Thanks a lot jobin. I got my baby's passport photos today for birth regsitration and indian passport:

a) The baby eyes are closed in that but the phoographer from 'snappy snaps' said that for babies under one year this is acceptable. Is that so? Can you please help.
b) In the passport application form - do we need to put the baby's thumb impression under her photo also? There is box to sign under the photo.
c) How many photos do we need to submit for indian passport? The website says 4 photos. Is this including the photo attached on the form?

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi,
Applied altogether with CGI Birmingham by post, provided Postal orders £36 for passport and £34 for Birth registration...

They sent back all the documents and noted only £17 for Birth registration. Resent all the documents again with £36 for passport , £17 for birth registration.
After 2 weeks received, receipt for Passport fees and Birth registration. And estimated date of passport post.

majumdar.anamitra7

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:23 pm

[quote="jobinscaria"]1. I am not sure about this. We managed to get the photos with eyes open. Best to check with the consulate "att.passport@hcilondon.in". I used to get reply on the same day on workings days.

2. Yes you need to put thump impression under the photo. I think there are 3 places where you need to put baby's thump impression in the passport application form.

3. You need only 4 for passport including the photo affixed on the form. For birth registration you have to submit another one in a different specification.

Hope this helps.

Jobin.

Thanks a lot Jobin. I tried contacting through email and phone but no reply. So I will be going tomorrow myself. Lets see whether they accept or not. Just wanted to ask - I have taken a print out of the birth registration form. Below the declaration there is a space for an officer to sign along with designation. Do we need to leave this blank.?

Where should we affix the photo? There is no instruction on the form to attach the photo. Should I affix it above the uploaded photo.

jobinscaria

Post by jobinscaria » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:01 pm

jobinscaria wrote:1. I am not sure about this. We managed to get the photos with eyes open. Best to check with the consulate "att.passport@hcilondon.in". I used to get reply on the same day on workings days.

Hope this helps.

Jobin.

Thanks a lot Jobin. I tried contacting through email and phone but no reply. So I will be going tomorrow myself. Lets see whether they accept or not. Just wanted to ask - I have taken a print out of the birth registration form. Below the declaration there is a space for an officer to sign along with designation. Do we need to leave this blank.?

Where should we affix the photo? There is no instruction on the form to attach the photo. Should I affix it above the uploaded photo.
Yes, you can leave that blank. The photo need to be affixed on top of the uploaded photo or you can just give the photo and they will do it. I didn't affix the photo but gave a photo along with the application. Good luck for tomorrow. Let me know how it goes

Cheers
Jobin

vinodtoshniwal
Newly Registered

Passport & Visa

Post by vinodtoshniwal » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Hi Jobin,

As by all this message I am more or less clear on Birth Certificate and Passport application, However I want to know -
1. How long a new born can stay in UK with out visa.
2. As me and my wife both have Indian Passport and our Tier2 visa is expiring on 31st Aug 2013 and before that we are flying back to India, so do I need to get any visa for new born baby, whose due date is 20th June.

jobinscaria

Re: Passport & Visa

Post by jobinscaria » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Hi,
1. If your son/daughter is born in UK, they don't need a visa to stay here, but he/she needs a valid visa if you are planning to renter UK.

Cheers
Jobin.
vinodtoshniwal wrote:Hi Jobin,

As by all this message I am more or less clear on Birth Certificate and Passport application, However I want to know -
1. How long a new born can stay in UK with out visa.
2. As me and my wife both have Indian Passport and our Tier2 visa is expiring on 31st Aug 2013 and before that we are flying back to India, so do I need to get any visa for new born baby, whose due date is 20th June.

majumdar.anamitra7

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:29 am

Hi All,

Can anyone please confirm that a 51X51MM baby photo with an offwhite background will be accepted in HCI London for birth certificate registration

amolrakheja
Newly Registered

baby's passport

Post by amolrakheja » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi Jobin
Thanks for all your help, everything is now sorted with my baby's birth registration & passport.

your reply & opinion was really helpful.

Cheers
Amol

amolrakheja
Newly Registered

Post by amolrakheja » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:36 pm

majumdar.anamitra7 wrote:Hi All,

Can anyone please confirm that a 51X51MM baby photo with an offwhite background will be accepted in HCI London for birth certificate registration

Hi Anamitra
Please follow the photo size as specified on HCI website. Please make sure for birth registration you need photo with light or grey background. And for passport you need photo with white background.

Also please carry exact amount of fees. 34 pound birth registration & 36 pound for passport

amolrakheja
Newly Registered

Post by amolrakheja » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:42 pm

Hi Jobin
Thanks for all your help, everything is now sorted with my baby's birth registration & passport.

Cheers
Amol

majumdar.anamitra7

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:07 pm

amolrakheja wrote:
majumdar.anamitra7 wrote:Hi All,

Hi Anamitra
Please follow the photo size as specified on HCI website. Please make sure for birth registration you need photo with light or grey background. And for passport you need photo with white background.

Also please carry exact amount of fees. 34 pound birth registration & 36 pound for passport

Hi Amol,

The HCI website says that the photo should be of square shape not less that 35X 35 MM with a light colour background.

As per this statement a 51MMX51MM is square shape and also not less than 35X35 MM. So this should be acceptable. Just wanted to know if anyone has submitted this size for Indian birth registration

jobinscaria

Post by jobinscaria » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:48 pm

No problem Amol.
Happy that I could be of some help.

Cheers
Jobin.
amolrakheja wrote:Hi Jobin

Cheers
Amol

rc123
Newly Registered

Self Addressed envelop

Post by rc123 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:56 am

Hi,

I am going to apply Indian passport in London for my 4 months old kid born in London.

Can anyone let me know if a self addressed envelop is required for getting the passport delivered to home? Or does HCI take any additional amount as delivery charges?

Regards,
R

majumdar.anamitra7

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:58 am

jobinscaria wrote:
jobinscaria wrote:1. I am not sure about this. We managed to get the photos with eyes open. Best to check with the consulate "att.passport@hcilondon.in". I used to get reply on the same day on workings days.

Hope this helps.

Jobin.

Yes, you can leave that blank. The photo need to be affixed on top of the uploaded photo or you can just give the photo and they will do it. I didn't affix the photo but gave a photo along with the application. Good luck for tomorrow. Let me know how it goes

Cheers
Jobin

hi jobin - i have submitted the application for birth registration at london along with a self addressed envelope. they told me 2 weeks. just wanted to know is there a way we can teack the status online.

bmaru

thump impression on birth registration form

Post by bmaru » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi,
Can you please let me know,
Thump impression is only required on passport application form not on birth registration form?

jobinscaria wrote:

Hope this helps.

Jobin.

Cheers
Jobin

hi jobin - i have submitted the application for birth registration at london along with a self addressed envelope. they told me 2 weeks. just wanted to know is there a way we can teack the status online.

majumdar.anamitra7

Re: thump impression on birth registration form

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:48 pm

bmaru wrote:Hi,
Can you please let me know,
Thump impression is only required on passport application form not on birth registration form?
thumb impression is not required on birth registration form

jobinscaria wrote:

Cheers
Jobin

ramu123

baby closed his eyes in the photo

Post by ramu123 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:46 am

Is it ok if baby closed his eyes in the photo? My baby is only one month old and he wouldn't open his eyes for the photo.
Not sure if i can apply for indian passport like this. Can anybody please confirm?
Thanks.