ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian New born baby passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ksaravanans
Newly Registered

Passport Fees

Post by ksaravanans » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi,

Whats the passport fees for new born in UK, its mentioned as 36 pounds but its pending 2 pounds administration feed as well, can some one tell whether the 2 pounds is already included in 36 pounds or its 36 plus 2 pounds?

Regards,

Karthik

ksaravanans
Newly Registered

Post by ksaravanans » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Hi Jagan,

Is it 36 pounds for passport inclusive of the admin fee
jain236 wrote:
jagankumar wrote:Hi,
Applied altogether with CGI Birmingham by post, provided Postal orders £36 for passport and £34 for Birth registration...

They sent back all the documents and noted only £17 for Birth registration. Resent all the documents again with £36 for passport , £17 for birth registration.
After 2 weeks received, receipt for Passport fees and Birth registration. And estimated date of passport post.
Hi Jagan,
when you sent thorugh post did you put all your original in the post? or did you send the attested copies ? also did you send birth registration and passport at the same times?

ksaravanans
Newly Registered

Post by ksaravanans » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:51 pm

ksaravanans wrote:Hi Jagan,

Is Consular surcharge(2pounds) included in 36 pounds?
jain236 wrote:
jagankumar wrote:Hi,
Applied altogether with CGI Birmingham by post, provided Postal orders £36 for passport and £34 for Birth registration...

They sent back all the documents and noted only £17 for Birth registration. Resent all the documents again with £36 for passport , £17 for birth registration.
After 2 weeks received, receipt for Passport fees and Birth registration. And estimated date of passport post.
Hi Jagan,
when you sent thorugh post did you put all your original in the post? or did you send the attested copies ? also did you send birth registration and passport at the same times?

jaravind
Newly Registered

Post by jaravind » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:17 pm

Let me share my experience with HCI London

I have gone to HCI London for Passport application of my one month old daughter.

As you guys have discussed here, There is a change in process recently.

Now we have to apply birth registration first.

Birth Registration :

Complete the formalities online with scanned photograph and Parent's signature uploaded as a part of the application.
Once submitted online, we have to take a printout of that and needs to be submitted personally

I went there on a thursday morning, reached around 6:45 AM. There are two queue, One for OCI and Other for all Consular services.
So I stand in that queue, was 12 from the front. There were around 100 people by 8 AM.
The tokens were given inside around 9:15 AM, waited inside for my turn.

I have submitted the following documents
a) The application print mentioned above
b) A copy of birth certificate from Council
c) A copy of passport of both my wife and me- Self attested
d) Marriage certificate copy - Attested by both of us

I took photocopies of passport front pand back pages on same paper. The officer didn't like it and he asked me to take this again on separate papers- Not sure why ? May be it is his personal preference. I think I do not have any right to ask a question in HCI London.
So I went out to the Xerox shop outside , took all copies and came back.
I had to wait on one side for half an hour till he calls me, submitted the copies. I think he didn't bother to check self attested stuff as I don't have my wife's signature on new copies.
Then he asked for exact 34£ which I gave, then asked me to come and collect the certificate after a week.
Please note - He didn't give me an option to give him an envelope.
I was under the impression that it takes around two weeks, So I came down and checked outside again.
They said , It may be by mistake - It takes around two weeks.
I tried to insist, Then they said - You always have the option to come after a week and can go back empty handed.
I tried for a friendly talk and managed to get three numbers from one of the guys there to check the status after a week.
I tried all those numbers for 3 days after a week, No-one picked it up - So I had to wait for 2 weeks

I went there on a Friday after two weeks around 4 PM. I don't want to explain the collection process inside.
I guess they are still living in 20th century with no token, priority, no status updates and no automation.
Anyway, I have managed to get my certificate after queing for sometime . The date shows that it was ready in one week itself.
Infact, there were a few smart guys who came and collected it after a week itself.

I don't know why all of them are so sarcastic inside. There is so much of mismanagement and arrrogance.
I guess we all have done enough of talking about it and started accepting it.

Now into the Passport application process

I went there next Monday with the documents listed on website.
1)Copy of Birth certificate from High commission
2)Self attested copies of Passport, visa of both parents along with originals
3)4 passport photos of size specified in white background
4) 36 £
5) Application form filled - with one photo pasted and thumb impression taken in 3 places (one under photograph).

Almost the same experience with queue outside, Token was 16
I have submitted all copies mentioned above and application form.

Then he started asking for other documents
1) Marriage certificate copy
2) Birth certificate copy from Council . Why it is needed again - Not sure?
Fortuntaely, I had both - Then he asked short birth certificate from Council.
I had original with me. So I had to go out and take a Xerox of the same.
He has asked for the original of every document I have submitted. He has verified it and gave it back.
Finally , he accepted my application and gave me an exact date- which is after 7 working days.

So I am waiting now for that date.

Nishupassport
Newly Registered

New Born Passport

Post by Nishupassport » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi Friends,

I applied passport along the birth registration for my new born child on 19th of Nov in indian embassy and they gave me the date as 12th december. Untill today, 20th december i have not received the passport. I been there couple of times but they say its in dehli. It has to come from there. Is there anyone who has info about the process.

gaurav.anil
Newly Registered

Re: Indian New born baby passport

Post by gaurav.anil » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi,

I have applied for Indian citizenship for my new born baby and sent all the documents by post on 18th Dec 2013 to HCI London.
Since then there is no change in file status.
How can I get the confirmation of documents received by HCI London or not? I had sent my documents by 1 day delivery post, I tried calling HCI on given number and sent emails to consular.wing@hcilondon.in but no response.

Can someone confirm how many days it will take to change the status of file and when I can expect my baby's birth registration certificate.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

gaurav.anil
Newly Registered

Post by gaurav.anil » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:00 am

Hi,

Finally I got my child Birth certificate yesterday and I am able to apply for passport for my baby same day.
At the time of submission of application they said baby's passport will be available in 5-6 weeks.

Earlier it use to ready within 1-2 weeks. Can someone share their recent experience how long they are taking for passport.

Thanks in advance.

theabrar

Post by theabrar » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:05 pm

gaurav.anil wrote:Hi,

Finally I got my child Birth certificate yesterday and I am able to apply for passport for my baby same day.
At the time of submission of application they said baby's passport will be available in 5-6 weeks.

Earlier it use to ready within 1-2 weeks. Can someone share their recent experience how long they are taking for passport.

Thanks in advance.
minimum 5 weeks, send them an email before you go to collect

gaurav.anil
Newly Registered

Post by gaurav.anil » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:17 pm

Could you please tell me on what basis they are taking 5 weeks? Is there someone recently received passport for new baby.

Thanks.

theabrar

Post by theabrar » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:26 pm

gaurav.anil wrote:Could you please tell me on what basis they are taking 5 weeks? Is there someone recently received passport for new baby.

Thanks.
I was told they are being printed in India, as they are new types of Passports(Photo and name is holographed in the first page-not sure if this was already the case, but the old ones didn't had it)

lencruz

child indian passport renewal

Post by lencruz » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:28 pm

I have a Portugal nationality,my wife and daughter have Indian nationality,my daughter's passport is expiring next month,i just want to know what documents do i need to renew her passport,i went to consulate today to enquire but there is no enquiry counter there and no one helps you there,one of staff told me that i have to get a letter from Portugal consulate that she doesn't have a Portugal nationality or letter from magistrate in London,it will be hard to get a letter from Portugal consulate as i spoke to them they said i have to get it from Portugal they don't issue that letter here in London,so i prefer the option of magistrate.

Does anyone knows about how to get a letter from magistrate as i didn't understand exactly what they said there is no specific information on website,could please some one help me its urgent coz we need to travel i will appreciate if some one reply.

Cheers

lencruz

Post by lencruz » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:23 am

jain236 wrote:Hi.
i don't know much in you case but for my daughter born in uk i gave a affidavit signed by me n my wife saying she does not hold British passport.i feel it should be same for u also. One thing is you will need change of appearance affidavit by a public notary if u daughter appearance significantly changed . I submitted it for elder one.
Thanks Jain for info, could you please do me one more favour could you please tell from where did u make a affidavit from a solicitor or the forms which are available on website please reply I will appreciate.

lencruz

Post by lencruz » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:43 pm

jain236 wrote:I did not put it when I sent the document and I got call and I was told to come to London embassy by 7:30 with kid and family for which I said it is not possible to come over there as I was 3hrs away from London and they told you can get it done from public notary from my place..

So look for public notary and ask the whether they do notary for change of appearance.. for me they charged £60 . so look for public notary in your location and they will tell you what are thing you need to get.
Thanks Jain i appreciate.

Vk2014
Newly Registered

Post by Vk2014 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:43 pm

jain236 wrote:I did not put it when I sent the document and I got call and I was told to come to London embassy by 7:30 with kid and family for which I said it is not possible to come over there as I was 3hrs away from London and they told you can get it done from public notary from my place..

So look for public notary and ask the whether they do notary for change of appearance.. for me they charged £60 . so look for public notary in your location and they will tell you what are thing you need to get.
Hi
What date did you apply for the passport and when did you get it back?
How did you get the status on application? i tried calling and emailing them but got no response.
Also, do they always ask for change of appearance certificate in case of new born babies?

Thanks

varunchadha2583

Post by varunchadha2583 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi,

Can you please help me with my query for photograph used on online application form for Birth Registration?The Photo I have submitted online meets the dimensions specification(100(Width) * 120(Hight) Pixel and less than 20 kb) but the problem is it has a black background. The photo is clear and comes well on the printout.

My query is :- is it ok to have a photo with a black backgrond on the form and carry a different one with light background for 4 Passport size (35 mm x 45 mm) while submitting the application?

Kind Regards,
Varun

gaurav.anil
Newly Registered

Post by gaurav.anil » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:35 pm

Hi,

Finally I received passport of my child exact after 6 weeks from passport application date. Process is changed now I email them many time and i do receive reply but every time it was out of the context reply. I received confirmation of passport printed and back from India at the end of 5th week and passport section took complete 1 week to send it to me. Process needs to be more transparent.

Thanks for everyone who posted here with useful information.

Parimala

Post by Parimala » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:10 pm

gaurav.anil wrote:Hi,

Finally I received passport of my child exact after 6 weeks from passport application date. Process is changed now I email them many time and i do receive reply but every time it was out of the context reply. I received confirmation of passport printed and back from India at the end of 5th week and passport section took complete 1 week to send it to me. Process needs to be more transparent.

Thanks for everyone who posted here with useful information.
##Hi , Had you enclosed the Special Delivery Envelope with your application ?
I applied for my passport renewal on Jan 21 2014 , and had chosen to collect in person . But the HCI have changed the rules from Feb 10th that the applicants must enclose special delivert envelope . So I am worried... If I will be able to collect my passport in person since I applied before 10th Feb

talk2ram.28
BANNED

Help Required

Post by talk2ram.28 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:36 am

Hello everyone

I am having a query regarding uploading of document for birth registration.

In the india citizenship instruction page page it says
A copy of the passport of both the parents (Passports should be single document)

Once I login it says Passport copy of either of the parents. Taking this into consideration I uploaded just my passport (old and new passport pages). Later I just logged in and try to change the document but it was only showing me only in view mode and I can't change the uploaded document.
My question is - Is it mandatory to have both parents passport in pdf? If so how can I change the document? Worst case can I submit new request to ministry?

I am planning to go tomm. for applying the regn certificate. I have already heard so many horror stories. Hope it goes fine.

talk2ram.28
BANNED

Post by talk2ram.28 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:54 am

jain236 - Thank you so much for the response. You have saved lot of time and energy for me.
I have one more query. Is pre paid envelope mandatory for the regn certificate?

talk2ram.28
BANNED

Post by talk2ram.28 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:46 pm

Sorry last 2 questions
1) The photo guy suggested that it must 35 mm by 45 mm for reg certificate . The website says not less than 35* 35mm. So is 35*45 fine?
2) What kind of pre paid envelope do i need to ask for and approx how much does it cost?I see so many stuff in the royal mail website and so not sure wot to pick.

talk2ram.28
BANNED

Regn certificate

Post by talk2ram.28 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:11 pm

Successfully submitted application for regn. certificate for my child today(25th March 2014). Thanks to this forum and jain236 for giving lot of useful information.

I went at around 7:20 and there were 15-20 in front of me. They have put some kind of shelter outside the consulate although it is not very long.

I took the following docs
1)Short and full birth certificate(self attested by both myself and spouse)
2) Passport copies self attested by me and my spouse respectively for the respective passports(No need to take the page which says 'republic of india'. They ask you to remove the page. Passport detail page,visa/brp page and last page(parent name and address). Only these pages are required.)
3) Photo - One photo(no need to stick) but safe to have 2-3 in hand. I got 35*45mm photo and slightly cut the upper unwanted portion using scissors as website mentioned that photo must be square shape.
4) Marriage certificate back to back one copy attested by myself and my spouse in both the pages.
5) Print out of online application form with uploaded photo and signature. Myself and my spouse signed where it mentioned 'signature of parents'. There is another sign for officer in the form which can be left blank.

Once the counter opens they ask you to fill another 2 forms. One is the affidavit and another is undertaking of child form. One person next to me somehow got it online and pre-filled it before he came to the consulate which saved lot of time for him. The surprise comes in the form of spouse signature that is required in one of the form. I just signed it by myself and the officer was furious over me and stroked it off saying its illegal and forgery (blah..blah..blah). He finally said it can be left alone if spouse is not present. He must have told this information initially but its 'Indian Consulate' and cannot expect this.
Please note that the person in charge today for the consular services serving the crowd was very very rude. He will keep changing token number very fast and if you are fractionally late he wont serve you.Please make sure you pay attention to your token number. He does not give any time for even taking the original or copies of document and he keeps rushing you and I did get a bit panicky. Please make sure everything is neatly arranged to avoid any kind of panic situation. Finally paid the 34 pounds exact change and he asked me to collect after 2 weeks. We can also provide the prepaid envelope but I would recommend people staying in and around London to go and collect in person. The reason is that the quality of paper that they use is very poor and in case if paper gets crumbled or damaged its head ache for us.

For people applying for passport
1) Photo spec is 2inch by 2 inch
2) Prepaid envelope is mandatory(6.95 pounds for unto 500 gms)
3) Authorisation letter from spouse to submit the application for the child's passport
3) Rest all is the same as for reg. certificate except that for passport there is an application form and does not have anything to do online.

Happy to answer any other questions around reg certificate and passport.

devangab
Newly Registered

Post by devangab » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I need to get my new born registered as well need to get passport. I have following queries,

- I can not find online form for registration. Links on the hcilondon.in seems broken. (https://www.hcilondon.in/counslateservice1.php this one). Where can I get form for registration from?

- Can I apply for both birth ceritficate and passport at the same time?

ayan05

Post by ayan05 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:44 am

Fill the form and submit the it at your nearest passport office. You will have to take the thumb impressions of the baby wherever signatures are required. You and your wife need to sign the Annexure H avaialable on the passport website (as mentioned above). Attach the birth certificate, your passport and your wife's passport. These are the formalities to be done for normal passport which will take about 1-2 months.

maccdad
Newly Registered

Post by maccdad » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:30 pm

ayan05 wrote:Fill the form and submit the it at your nearest passport office. You will have to take the thumb impressions of the baby wherever signatures are required. You and your wife need to sign the Annexure H avaialable on the passport website (as mentioned above). Attach the birth certificate, your passport and your wife's passport. These are the formalities to be done for normal passport which will take about 1-2 months.
can we submit application for both birth registration and passport together via post to CGI Birmingham?

ashish_nitd
Newly Registered

Post by ashish_nitd » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi Talk2ram,
Thanks for your inputs. It was very useful.
I am going to HCI next week so wanted to know one thing.
Can you confirm if we need to upload both parent's signature or any one of parent's signature is ok while applying for birth registration?

Thanks in advance,
Ashish