ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport for baby born in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hhabib
Newly Registered

Indian passport for baby born in UK

Post by hhabib » Thu May 26, 2011 10:03 pm

I had aapllied by post for indian passport and birth registration for my baby born in UK on 9th April to HCI, London.In the meantime I moved from my address given in postal envelope.

I come to know that the passport to the old address on 13th May and has been returned to HCI London.

So I want to know is it possible I can go to HCI office and collect the passports? and should I bring some proof for this?

or will HCI sent the passport by post again?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Indian passport for baby born in UK

Post by mvent00 » Thu May 26, 2011 10:26 pm

hhabib wrote:I had aapllied by post for indian passport and birth registration for my baby born in UK on 9th April to HCI, London.In the meantime I moved from my address given in postal envelope.

I come to know that the passport to the old address on 13th May and has been returned to HCI London.

So I want to know is it possible I can go to HCI office and collect the passports? and should I bring some proof for this?

or will HCI sent the passport by post again?
For any clarification or further information please call at: 02076323119 or send fax at 02076323196 or e-mail at att.passport@hcilondon.in. Please see this link.

hhabib
Newly Registered

Post by hhabib » Fri May 27, 2011 7:30 am

I tried calling the number and even mailed to the id but no one responded to the phone or email.

Venk_it

Post by Venk_it » Fri May 27, 2011 10:32 am

I would say travel to London with the receipt and copy of birth certificate and your identity. They should be able to help you and they never pick up their phone.

All the best mate

hhabib
Newly Registered

Post by hhabib » Tue May 31, 2011 10:48 am

Thanks for the replies. I went to HCI, London on Friday and finally got the passport. Just to let you know, I went there by 3.50PM and after repeated persuation they have given me the passport by taking my undertaking in a register at 5 PM.