ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INDIAN PASSPORT RE-ISSUE/RENEWAL AT HIGH COMMISSION LONDON

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samuel2007
Newly Registered

Re: INDIAN PASSPORT RE-ISSUE/RENEWAL AT HIGH COMMISSION LOND

Post by samuel2007 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:10 pm

Hello friends
I am new to this forum and wondered if any one could throw some light.
My three children will have their indian passport expire end of July. Unfortunately we booked a holiday and now realised that for schengen visa it's mandatory to have three months left from date of return.
My question is their passports which were issued for five years - therefore would reissue of a new passport be easier and also because the passports have not expired. Secondly do we need to show parents passport and how long does all this take. We have the holiday start July hence it's probably a bit tight
Any advice is appreciated
Kind regards
Sam

samuel2007
Newly Registered

Post by samuel2007 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:12 pm

Again any reply to the passport renewal for my children is appreciated
Sam

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:53 am

have you checked the HCI website? --> https://www.hcilondon.in/passport.html# ... s_children

samuel2007
Newly Registered

Post by samuel2007 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:01 pm

Thank you
It's says seven days , Amy experience with can we get it earlier. Someone said could get on the same day. Any experience or advice from fellow members is appreciated
Sam

IndianAmbessy
Newly Registered

Post by IndianAmbessy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:50 pm

Hey everyone. must say this board was really useful when i applied for my passport renewal. it had all the information you need and prepares you really well. so i thought, i'll share my experience too so that it can help people in future just like I got help from here.

Reached HCI London on 26th June at 7:45 AM
There was a queue (outdoor not indoor) of about 20 to 25 people waiting to collect the tokens which I joined too.
Token distribution starts at 9AM.
By 9 AM, there were about 30 to 40 + people after me in the queue.
I got the token at 9:10 for passport renewal. The guy who gave the token said please book appointment (even for passport renewal) if you want to visit next time as it would be by appointment only very soon. (OCI card is already by appointment only as it was displayed on the notice there)
Then I entered the door and had a very brief security check.
Only 1 person doing the security check. Asked to put bag, mobile phone, wallet, belt etc outside and cross the security barrier.
Once cleared, collected all my stuff and went downstairs (for passport renewal).
The counters for passport renewal opened at 9AM.
My number was 12 and my turn came at 9:30 AM
They asked for the application form, fees (only cash or postal cheques. Please keep the cash, its easier). Also photostat any originals you are showing like marriage certificate, visa copy, BRP card etc. If you forgot to take the photostat, then don't worry there is one near the counter only and they ask you to take photostat from there and they are ok with waiting while you photostat.
Also please note that since Jan or Feb 2014 (cant remember precisely), they have stopped collection of the renewed passports.
Therefore, you have to make sure you bring a self addressed envelope (I purchased a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope) for both the old and the new passport to be delivered. If you forgot or don't have the envelope, again don't worry as you can purchase it from next to the counter.
I was done by 10 AM and was given a receipt and was told the passports (both old and new) will get delivered within 7 working days.
My passport got delivered on 3rd July. Really quick :)
Hope my experience helps as I got a lot of help from others' experience.

trueblue19

Post by trueblue19 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:58 pm

I have read a lot of stuff about the service at HCI London and thought I'd write about my experience.

I must mention that I had to get my passport renewed purely on the account of exhaustion of pages in the previous passport.

Please note that system of issuing tokens at HCI London has been discontinued. An online appointment system has been introduced (Check www.hcilondon.in). I took an appointment for 12 Noon on 23rd Sep, today.

Link for Appointment System - https://www.visaservices.co.in/IHC-UK-A ... eUVLcp3A4=

So here's how it went today. Hold your breath!

1. Reached HCI London at 11-55 am (Appointment letter mentioned that one will not be entered 10 minutes prior, or 15 minutes after the appointment time.
2. Joined the Queue for Passport renewal (11-56 am) - 3 People ahead of me. Yayy.
3. Went through Security (Much like airport security) - Took another 2 minutes
4. Settled into a nice comfy seat in the basement waiting for my name to be called out (12 Noon)
5. Name called within 1 minute! (12:01)
6. Submitted documents, Self-addressed Delivery envelope and Fee in Cash. Please note that I did not need to submit any ID, Address proofs etc. as there was no change to the personal or circumstantial details (Just exhaustion of pages).
7. Receipt collected - 12-05 am
8. Out of HCI London! - 12-06 am.

As you can imagine, it was a breeze. The lady on Counter 2 was extremely pleasant, friendly, and even laughed on a joke or two.

Service is great!

I'd like to reiterate that mostly, its the people (like me and you) who don't have the complete documentation, and then that results in the HCI staff trying to explain clearly (but firmly - which may not seem very friendly) the documents required, and the procedure. I saw a gentleman who had come in without taking an appointment, expecting to receive a token, and then trying to find 'a way around' the procedure.

avin_tier2
Newly Registered

Post by avin_tier2 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:49 pm

trueblue19 wrote:I have read a lot of stuff about the service at HCI London and thought I'd write about my experience.

I must mention that I had to get my passport renewed purely on the account of exhaustion of pages in the previous passport.

Please note that system of issuing tokens at HCI London has been discontinued. An online appointment system has been introduced (Check http://www.hcilondon.in). I took an appointment for 12 Noon on 23rd Sep, today.

Link for Appointment System - https://www.visaservices.co.in/IHC-UK-A ... eUVLcp3A4=

1. Reached HCI London at 11-55 am (Appointment letter mentioned that one will not be entered 10 minutes prior, or 15 minutes after the appointment time.
2. Joined the Queue for Passport renewal (11-56 am) - 3 People ahead of me. Yayy.
4. Settled into a nice comfy seat in the basement waiting for my name to be called out (12 Noon)
6. Submitted documents, Self-addressed Delivery envelope and Fee in Cash. Please note that I did not need to submit any ID, Address proofs etc. as there was no change to the personal or circumstantial details (Just exhaustion of pages).

As you can imagine, it was a breeze. The lady on Counter 2 was extremely pleasant, friendly, and even laughed on a joke or two.

Service is great!

I'd like to reiterate that mostly, its the people (like me and you) who don't have the complete documentation, and then that results in the HCI staff trying to explain clearly (but firmly - which may not seem very friendly) the documents required, and the procedure. I saw a gentleman who had come in without taking an appointment, expecting to receive a token, and then trying to find 'a way around' the procedure.

Hi trueblue19,

Thanks for posting your experience here. Did they say anything about the timeline. Or is it mentioned in the receipt when will you receive the new passport?

Thanks

trueblue19

Post by trueblue19 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:19 am

They did say I should receive the new passport in 7 working days.

trueblue19

Post by trueblue19 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:48 pm

avin_tier2 wrote:
trueblue19 wrote:I have read a lot of stuff about the service at HCI London and thought I'd write about my experience.

Please note that system of issuing tokens at HCI London has been discontinued. An online appointment system has been introduced (Check http://www.hcilondon.in). I took an appointment for 12 Noon on 23rd Sep, today.

Service is great!

Hi trueblue19,

Thanks for posting your experience here. Did they say anything about the timeline. Or is it mentioned in the receipt when will you receive the new passport?

Thanks

Thought I'll update you that I received my new passport yesterday, well within 7 working days of applying.

avin_tier2
Newly Registered

Post by avin_tier2 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:45 pm

Thanks. Can someone tell what will they ask if they find that appearance of the person has changed? I am a male and have long scalp hair now, but were short in my passport picture. But facial appearance is same and recognizable from my old passport.

trueblue19

Post by trueblue19 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:51 pm

avin_tier2 wrote:Thanks. Can someone tell what will they ask if they find that appearance of the person has changed? I am a male and have long scalp hair now, but were short in my passport picture. But facial appearance is same and recognizable from my old passport.
Avin_tier2

No biggie. You need to fill out an affidavit called 'Change of Appearance'. Please see this link - https://www.hcilondon.in/passport.html#ch-in-app (towards the end of the page) - in the 'list of documents/affidavits'. You'll find the document in here.

This can be sworn (in other words, attested) at the HCI itself by paying a fee of £20.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:54 pm

long short hair or hair / baldness is normally fine. however if you wish you can get the Change of Appearance done.
Normally change of appearance means significant change especially with facial hairs / beard or moustache and/or headgear/headcover for religious purposes etc.

cherokee
Newly Registered

Post by cherokee » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:47 am

I have applied mine on Nov 4th and I am yet to get back. The lady at counter mentioned 8 days and I assumed it as 8 working days, still, its now 10 working days and no clue. I am getting a bit worried as I have few travel coming my way.

If I have to go and inquire at HCI, should I take along anything or just the reference number is fine?

thanks

jagacharaja

Post by jagacharaja » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:39 am

Silly question - what does self attestation mean exactly? What needs done?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:49 pm

jagacharaja wrote:Silly question - what does self attestation mean exactly? What needs done?
self declaration confirming that photocopies are true copy of the original

write "self attested", then sign and (type name) & date

vijayballa
Newly Registered

Post by vijayballa » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:18 pm

cherokee wrote:I have applied mine on Nov 4th and I am yet to get back. The lady at counter mentioned 8 days and I assumed it as 8 working days, still, its now 10 working days and no clue. I am getting a bit worried as I have few travel coming my way.

If I have to go and inquire at HCI, should I take along anything or just the reference number is fine?

thanks
Hi cherokee,

can you share the timeline if possible.

did you get your new passport back? did you contact HCI for status? I've applied for renewal and waiting so wanted to know the timelines.

Thanks

keerat565
Newly Registered

Post by keerat565 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:58 pm

cherokee wrote:I have applied mine on Nov 4th and I am yet to get back. The lady at counter mentioned 8 days and I assumed it as 8 working days, still, its now 10 working days and no clue. I am getting a bit worried as I have few travel coming my way.

thanks
Hi
I applied my passport renewal on 10 Nov 2014, but haven't received it either. Did you get yours back? Or did you go to HCI for enquiry?

keerat565
Newly Registered

Post by keerat565 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:58 pm

thanks
Hi
I applied my passport renewal on 10 Nov 2014, but haven't received it either. Did you get yours back? Or did you go to HCI for enquiry?

Gnanasekar

Post by Gnanasekar » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:16 am

Just checking this page for the timeline of others. Here is mine

Submitted mine on 18th November 2014 at HCI London
Status - Yet to receive
Method - Self addressed special delivery

Indian1155
Newly Registered

Post by Indian1155 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi Gnanasekar

I applied on 17th November and they said it will take 10 to 15 working days.
Last edited by Indian1155 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indian1155
Newly Registered

Post by Indian1155 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:01 pm

Hi Gnanasekhar

I applied on 17th November and the timeframe mentioned to me was 10 to 15 days.

Indian1155
Newly Registered

Post by Indian1155 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:57 pm

Hi Keerat & Gnanasekhar

Any updates please?

Thanks

keerat565
Newly Registered

Post by keerat565 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:02 pm

Indian1155 wrote:Hi Keerat & Gnanasekhar

Any updates please?

Thanks
Hi All,

I applied on 10th Nov 2014 and recvd my passport on 28th Nov 2014. I send a quite lot of emails to att.passport@hcilondon.in to check for status and they replied that my passport has already been issued and need dispatch and guess what, next day it was delivered.
I forgot to take self addressed envolope, so bought special delivery envelope at HCI itself.

Indian1155
Newly Registered

Post by Indian1155 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:12 pm

Thanks Keerat for the update and congratulations..

Gnanasekar

Post by Gnanasekar » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:34 pm

Indian1155 wrote:Hi Keerat & Gnanasekhar

Any updates please?

Thanks
Nothing yet for me. Looks like two week turn around time and I should have an update in couple of days.