ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INDIAN PASSPORT RE-ISSUE/RENEWAL AT HIGH COMMISSION LONDON

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ash2402
Newly Registered

Re: Indian passport renewal at HCI London

Post by ash2402 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:45 pm

Type : Indian Passport Renewal
Service : Tatkal, Houslow - London
Applied on : 27th May 2016

Does anybody knows by their experience how long tatkal service takes?

Regards,
Ash

Sreedar Somineni
Newly Registered

Post by Sreedar Somineni » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:36 am

Hi,

Yesterday (7th July) I have applied passport renewal for my son. They asked my his Bio-metric card(ILR) and they haven't returned back. Can anyone please tell me whether we can get Bio-metric card safely to my address?

Many Thanks,
Sreedar.

ihabeeb143
Newly Registered

Post by ihabeeb143 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:32 pm

Sreedar Somineni wrote:Hi,

Yesterday (7th July) I have applied passport renewal for my son. They asked my his Bio-metric card(ILR) and they haven't returned back. Can anyone please tell me whether we can get Bio-metric card safely to my address?

Many Thanks,
Sreedar.
Hi Sreedar,
I had recently applied (25th July) for renewal of my passport (due to expire in next 6 months) at London Paddington VFS center and I had to provide my UK residence card as well. I got it back in 3 working days via post. Hope you have got your card by now!
Can you kindly let me know how many working days exactly did it take for you to receive your son's passport from the day of application at VFS? The website says 8-10 working days minimum for cases with no issues. Its been 12 working days for me and I am really hoping I get my passport soon because meanwhile I have a business trip come up! I emailed the passport section twice in the last 5 days and all they say is "Being Processed". No indication if they need any additional documents or tentatively when they might dispatch. Am just hoping it doesn't end up being weeks!
Looking forward from you and any other recent applicants!
Regards
H

newbie84
Newly Registered

Post by newbie84 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:38 am

hi all

applied for my passport to be re-issued on 1 Aug @ VFS Hounslow. They didn't take my BRP card. i was asked to self attest copy of my BRP card. I was told that it will take 10-15 working days. It has been 15 working days nothing yet.

Where can i email to get status update ?

newbie84
Newly Registered

Post by newbie84 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:43 am

ihabeeb143 wrote:
Hi Sreedar,
I had recently applied (25th July) for renewal of my passport (due to expire in next 6 months) at London Paddington VFS center and I had to provide my UK residence card as well. I got it back in 3 working days via post. Hope you have got your card by now!
Can you kindly let me know how many working days exactly did it take for you to receive your son's passport from the day of application at VFS? The website says 8-10 working days minimum for cases with no issues. Its been 12 working days for me and I am really hoping I get my passport soon because meanwhile I have a business trip come up! I emailed the passport section twice in the last 5 days and all they say is "Being Processed". No indication if they need any additional documents or tentatively when they might dispatch. Am just hoping it doesn't end up being weeks!
Looking forward from you and any other recent applicants!
Regards
H
hi ihabeeb143

have you received your re-issued passport and in how many working days ?
thanks in advance.

ihabeeb143
Newly Registered

Post by ihabeeb143 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:17 am

newbie84 wrote:
ihabeeb143 wrote:
have you received your re-issued passport and in how many working days ?
thanks in advance.

Hi newbie84,
I received mine in 14 working days which included me chasing the hci London passport section atleast 3 times via email. Seems like they are quick but they are really bad in giving concrete info via email although they respond pretty much straight away. Hope this helps. Good luck!

pmshra
Newly Registered

Post by pmshra » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:04 pm

newbie84 wrote:hi all

applied for my passport to be re-issued on 1 Aug @ VFS Hounslow. They didn't take my BRP card. i was asked to self attest copy of my BRP card. I was told that it will take 10-15 working days. It has been 15 working days nothing yet.

Where can i email to get status update ?
Hello There,

Have you received your re-issued passport and in how many working days ? Could you please provide any email id to chase as i submitted at 8th Aug @ Goswell Road vfs and today is 11th working day and i am still waiting for my passport. I need to fly on 13th sep to india from UK so i am worried now. At the time of submission, counter person informed me that it will take 13-14 working days or it may come earlier as well so i was fine to submit but no luck till yet.
thanks in advance.

newbie84
Newly Registered

Post by newbie84 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:25 pm

pmshra wrote: Hello There,

Have you received your re-issued passport and in how many working days ? Could you please provide any email id to chase as i submitted at 8th Aug @ Goswell Road vfs and today is 11th working day and i am still waiting for my passport. I need to fly on 13th sep to india from UK so i am worried now. At the time of submission, counter person informed me that it will take 13-14 working days or it may come earlier as well so i was fine to submit but no luck till yet.
thanks in advance.
hi pmshra

i am expecting my passport within next 2 days. i used info.london@hcilondon.in to contact HCI London. don't forget to provide them ur date of birth and passport no to get a status update. if i receive my passport in next 2 days then for me it will be 18 working days. So I think u should not worry m sure u'll get urs by the beginning of next week :)
Last edited by newbie84 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newbie84
Newly Registered

Post by newbie84 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:28 pm

ihabeeb143 wrote:
Hi newbie84,
I received mine in 14 working days which included me chasing the hci London passport section atleast 3 times via email. Seems like they are quick but they are really bad in giving concrete info via email although they respond pretty much straight away. Hope this helps. Good luck!

hi ihabeeb143

much appreciated ! many thanks for getting back to me

pmshra
Newly Registered

Post by pmshra » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:07 am

newbie84 wrote:

thanks in advance.
hi pmshra

i am expecting my passport within next 2 days. i used info.london@hcilondon.in to contact HCI London. don't forget to provide them ur date of birth and passport no to get a status update. if i receive my passport in next 2 days then for me it will be 18 working days. So I think u should not worry m sure u'll get urs by the beginning of next week :)
Hello newbie84,

Many thanks for getting back to me. I hope you get your passport in two days. How did you get to know that you will get your passport in two days? did they update the online tracking status for you or you got the message or HCI told you via email? I have dropped mail to HCI yesterday at mentioned id and waiting for their response. I will keep updating this post so it will help other people. Thanks again.

pmshra
Newly Registered

Post by pmshra » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:47 pm

pmshra wrote:
newbie84 wrote:

thanks in advance.
hi pmshra

Hello newbie84,

Many thanks for getting back to me. I hope you get your passport in two days. How did you get to know that you will get your passport in two days? did they update the online tracking status for you or you got the message or HCI told you via email? I have dropped mail to HCI yesterday at mentioned id and waiting for their response. I will keep updating this post so it will help other people. Thanks again.
Hello newbie84,

Just got an email from passport section that new passport issued today. Now how much time i should expect to get my passport at my home address? i had submitted my application at goswell road vfs. Status has not been changed and its still showing same old one.

newbie84
Newly Registered

Post by newbie84 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:22 pm

pmshra wrote:
Hello newbie84,

Hi pmshra

i knew as i received email from VFS that it has been successfully processed and will be dispatched within a day :)
Yes i think its good idea to keep updating this post as i cud not find information any where else. I remember i found it very hard to find my answers.

newbie84
Newly Registered

Post by newbie84 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:37 pm

pmshra wrote: Hello newbie84,

Just got an email from passport section that new passport issued today. Now how much time i should expect to get my passport at my home address? i had submitted my application at goswell road vfs. Status has not been changed and its still showing same old one.
In my opinion, u shall get it by 31.
26 aug- ur old passport will be cancelled and stamped
27-28 is weekend
29 aug - will be dispatched from hci to goswell
30 aug - it will be with goswell vfs... they will disptach it same day
31 aug - u'll receive it :) if u paid for next day delivery

please do lemme know how good my prediction turns out to be
good luck.
keep helping others

pmshra
Newly Registered

Post by pmshra » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:36 pm

newbie84 wrote:
pmshra wrote: Hello newbie84,

In my opinion, u shall get it by 31.
26 aug- ur old passport will be cancelled and stamped
27-28 is weekend
29 aug - will be dispatched from hci to goswell
30 aug - it will be with goswell vfs... they will disptach it same day
31 aug - u'll receive it :) if u paid for next day delivery

please do lemme know how good my prediction turns out to be
good luck.
keep helping others
Hi, sure I will let you know about your prediction. Do they change the status like passport done, dispatch etc? Did you get any message?

newbie84
Newly Registered

Post by newbie84 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:36 pm

pmshra wrote: Hi, sure I will let you know about your prediction. Do they change the status like passport done, dispatch etc? Did you get any message?
hi pmshra any update ?

pmshra
Newly Registered

Post by pmshra » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:11 am

newbie84 wrote:
pmshra wrote: Hi, sure I will let you know about your prediction. Do they change the status like passport done, dispatch etc? Did you get any message?
hi pmshra any update ?
Hi newbie84,

I got my passport yesterday on 15th working day after chasing them a lot. Thanks for your support. Cheers!!!

drprashant
Newly Registered

Re: INDIAN PASSPORT RE-ISSUE/RENEWAL AT HIGH COMMISSION LOND

Post by drprashant » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi. Could anyone tell me where is the link for pdf form for renewal of Indian passport on Indian high comission of London website?

eashkuma4
India

Re: INDIAN PASSPORT RE-ISSUE/RENEWAL AT HIGH COMMISSION LOND

Post by eashkuma4 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:36 pm

Dear All,

Do anyone know to renew Child passport where father holds British Passport and Mother has Indian passport, do we need to provide Father foreign nationality passport along with the application?

This is because I work in Europe and travel with my passport every week so giving passport to them may not allow me from the travel

Please clarify if anyone has this situation