ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport Renewal HCI London

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi All,

My Indian passport is about to expire , my permanent address in India has changed . I have planned to renew passport at HCI London with new permanent address on. Can any one suggest me if this is Ok to do so or if it takes longer time as there has to be a police verification of address in India? I have the indian utility and property papers. I need to get back my passport soon as my visa needs to be extended in a month or so.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:46 am

I was in the same situation when i renewed my passport a couple of years ago. I attached a bank statement for the new address and it was ok no questions asked. I applied in person and think got the new passport in 1 or 2 days can't remember exactly but it was pretty fast

Note: I think adding same question number of times won't help others will be put off

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:04 pm

My Indian passport is about to expire , my permanent address in India has changed
Why dont you give your UK address instead?

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:07 am

you cant give your UK address on Indian passport. I asked this questions to HCI couple of years ago and they said it has to be Indian address

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:17 am

rnr79 wrote:you cant give your UK address on Indian passport.
You can, if you wish to.

Evidence of UK residence (e.g. - utility bill, council tax bill, etc.) is all that is required to get the change done.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:35 pm

No , I still want it to be Indian Permanent address , as it will take couple of more years to get British Passport.

My worry is that if they take more time for verification , as i am in tight schedule.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:24 am

sreblog wrote: My worry is that if they take more time for verification , as i am in tight schedule.
It will take time if you change your permanent address details on your passport from one Indian address to another. If you change it to a UK address and carry the docs sushdmehta mentioned in his post, then it will be accepted on the spot and you have to wait 3-5 working days to get your passport.

If you are on a tight schedule, the second option might be better for you.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:57 pm

you cant give your UK address on Indian passport. I asked this questions to HCI couple of years ago and they said it has to be Indian address
Oh yes, you can, all of my family had UK addresses on our previous Indian passports. Just send your latest utiliy bill or bank statement.

Changing your Indian address will be quite a pain as your file will go back to India.
In fact you can just let the old address be, it will not really matter.

bbkaran

Re-issue of Indian Passport in London

Post by bbkaran » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi guys,

I submitted an application to re-issue my passport that was about to expire after 10 years at the high commission of India in London on 3rd October. I was told to collect the new passport on 10th October. However, I received a call from high commission today informing that my passport will not be ready, as they have to verify with Indian High Commission in Wellington, New Zealand (My last 10 year valid passport was issued in Wellington).

1) Does anyone knows what this means?
2) I have booked tickets to go to India during the 1 Dec 2011. Anyone knows if it is likely that I will get my new passport.

Any info, or previous experience on timeline would be very appreciated.

thanks

bbkaran

krazydude
Member of Standing

Re: Re-issue of Indian Passport in London

Post by krazydude » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:37 pm

bbkaran wrote:
1) Does anyone knows what this means?
2) I have booked tickets to go to India during the 1 Dec 2011. Anyone knows if it is likely that I will get my new passport.

bbkaran
NZ HCI will send a confirmation (Something on the lines of a 'NOC') to HCI in UK/London. This is a internal process which I doubt people will have too much experience with hence you would not be able to get timelines for this. It depends on how efficient the NZ HCI is. Eventhough you do have 2.5 months to go, call the HCI in London and check with them in about a month's time whether your passport is ready or not. Like I said, if you ask them, they will say we are waiting for NZ HCI to send a confirmation. Also even if you call/send someone to NZ HCI, they will not disclose whether or not this confirmation has been sent to UK/London HCI.

bbkaran

Re: Re-issue of Indian Passport in London

Post by bbkaran » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for this info. I just tried to call the phone number given to me to call and check. It is always engaged. So how do we get in touch with HCI in Loondon? Do they have email? Could someone let me know what it is?

Thanks

bbkaran

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:22 pm

bbkaran

Post by bbkaran » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:44 am

I did manage to speak to HCI in London. As it was suggested, I was told that they need clearance from HCI in Wellington without which they can't issue a new passport. They can't give any timeline either.

I have another question:

My current passport (currently with HCI in London) expires in April 2012. Can I withdraw my application for re-issue of new pasport and travel to India in December with the current passport? And then again can I come back to UK again in January? Would UK border agency have any objections because my passport will expire within 3 months of my arrival? I have ILR stamped in that passport. The plan is to reapply for re-issue of new passport in January.

Thanks

sushdmehta wrote:Contact us

bbkaran

Indian Passport Validity requirements to enter uk with ILR

Post by bbkaran » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi all,

Could someone please answer these questions? Have I posted in the wrong group?

Thanks

bbkaran wrote:I did manage to speak to HCI in London. As it was suggested, I was told that they need clearance from HCI in Wellington without which they can't issue a new passport. They can't give any timeline either.

I have another question:

My current passport (currently with HCI in London) expires in April 2012. Can I withdraw my application for re-issue of new pasport and travel to India in December with the current passport? And then again can I come back to UK again in January? Would UK border agency have any objections because my passport will expire within 3 months of my arrival? I have ILR stamped in that passport. The plan is to reapply for re-issue of new passport in January.

Thanks

sushdmehta wrote:Contact us

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:56 pm

1. Whether you can withdraw the application or not can only be answered by HCI.
2. As for travelling to / out of UK with a passport that may have only 3-5 months validity remaining, it is not an issue.

bbkaran

Post by bbkaran » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta,

I have one more question:

Is travelling to / out of India with an Indian passport with the remaining validity of 2-4 months an issue?

Thanks

sushdmehta wrote:1. Whether you can withdraw the application or not can only be answered by HCI.
2. As for travelling to / out of UK with a passport that may have only 3-5 months validity remaining, it is not an issue.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:28 pm

No.

Ani14
Newly Registered

Indian Passport Re-issue - Change in Address

Post by Ani14 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:37 am

Hi,

My wifes and my passport have same Indian permanent address and my daughter has different permanent address because we sold the house in between. Now all out passports are due for renewal and applying together. I have following questions.

1. While re-issueing new passports do I keep the permanent address same as they are. Would Passport office object if they see my wife's and mine address same and my daughters address different?

2. If I make the permanent address as UK address would there be any issues. I can submit UK address proof etc. What do i write in the place of Indian Permanant address in the re-issue form?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Ani

nnj10

Re: Indian Passport Re-issue - Change in Address

Post by nnj10 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:04 am

Ani14 wrote:Hi,

My wifes and my passport have same Indian permanent address and my daughter has different permanent address because we sold the house in between. Now all out passports are due for renewal and applying together. I have following questions.

1. While re-issueing new passports do I keep the permanent address same as they are. Would Passport office object if they see my wife's and mine address same and my daughters address different?

2. If I make the permanent address as UK address would there be any issues. I can submit UK address proof etc. What do i write in the place of Indian Permanant address in the re-issue form?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Ani
1) If you have evidence of your current permanent address as listed in daughter's passport, you can submit that. Failing that, you can keep the same address as in your passport and you do not need to submit any evidence of same.

2) AFAIK, you cannot have a UK address in Indian passport if you have any short validity leave i.e. WP, Tier-1 etc. They will only enter UK address if your passport has ILR stamped.

Ani14
Newly Registered

Indian Passort - Address change

Post by Ani14 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:20 am

Thanks.

Appreciate your help.

Point wise comment to your reply.

1. No i dont have any address proof sitting here in london. I need to ask my mom to send some documents. I think I am better off keeping the address as it is.

2. I have ILR in all three passport.

I am going to follow below strategy. Hope that is fine :)

I am going to present the application with UK address and see what is the reaction, if any issues then I will ask to retain the same address as it is.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,
Ani

nnj10

Re: Indian Passort - Address change

Post by nnj10 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:39 pm

With ILR in your passport, they will be able to print your UK address on Indian passport, Shouldn't be a problem.
They (HCI London) have confirmed this to me in my email query.
You can still write an email and enquire the same.
They do reply within few days.
Email address: att.passport@hcilondon.in

Just carry UK address proof and copy of it self attested by yourself.

rrp

Post by rrp » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:45 pm

It is also easier to change Indian address and only thing required is some kind of address proof and it won't change the timeline of the application.

trinbarua
Newly Registered

Post by trinbarua » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:32 pm

I am considering changing the permanent address on my passport. The address is in my father's name, and I will be able to provide utility bills in his name. Is this sufficient for the purpose?