ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Renewal in India for NRIs

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KPSP

Indian Passport Renewal in India for NRIs

Post by KPSP » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to renew my Indian passport in India during my vacation, with respect to this could you please help me in answering the below query.

- Application form is asking for Present and the permanent address, will these be my Indian address or UK address?

P.S - My current Indian address on my passport hasn't changed.

Thanks

karg_g

Re: Indian Passport Renewal in India for NRIs

Post by karg_g » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi KPSP,

I applied for my child on 15-Mar and i had put my permanent address as one in UK. The address back home has not changed. However the representative at VFS said if address is changed we need proof of address change, so i said please use old address as in the previous passport as that's still valid. She just corrected in the printed application form.

Did you manage to apply for your passport renewal? how long did it take to get your passport?
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation

Repyal
Newly Registered

Post by Repyal » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Hallo

You have Indian passport then your permanent address should be in India, coz we all are here with temperory or permanent card which one can be cancelled at any time with under country imirigation law, e.g. When we apply for permanent residence any where in Europe, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and many more. There should be one clause under immigration law that they have rights to cancel permanent residence. Even in Germany, they canceled German nationality.

So in short I would like to say that permanent address should be India and temperory address will be Uk or some another country.

I hope, you will get the answer

Regards
Repyal

KPSP

Post by KPSP » Mon May 15, 2017 9:14 pm

I have renewed my passport in India with my Indian address as permanent and present addresses.
Received the passport in 1 day (tatkal)

Thanks

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:06 am

KPSP- Was that after police verification? Where did you get it renewed? Everywhere I've read says it takes at least 3 working days for them to dispatch!

MahenderR
Newly Registered
India

Post by MahenderR » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:32 pm

Hi KPSP - I am staying in UK and I am thinking to renew my passport when I visit India for a short vacation, as it will going to expire in about 6 months.

I am just wondering, did you face any issues during police verification as the stay at present address is less than 1 year ?

Thanks
Mahender