ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport renewal in London - queries

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sandeep_gadwalkar
Newly Registered

Re: Indian Passport renewal in London - queries

Post by sandeep_gadwalkar » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:30 pm

hs any body applied for passport extension on or after 12 march 2014.i have my ILR appointment in first week of may , just wondering if any body can help ?

ayan05

Post by ayan05 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:46 am

Huh well i have sent my passport by post for renewal at indian high commisiion, london. does anyone know as how long do they take to renew?

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:39 am

ayan05 wrote:Huh well i have sent my passport by post for renewal at indian high commisiion, london. does anyone know as how long do they take to renew?
4-6 weeks time as the passport is printed in india.

sgiri
Newly Registered

Post by sgiri » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for my passport renew on 08th April 2014 and yet to recieve any communication on the status.
Where do i need to send the email to check the status of the same?

thx
Sanjib

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:06 pm

sgiri wrote:Hi All,

I have applied for my passport renew on 08th April 2014 and yet to recieve any communication on the status.
Where do i need to send the email to check the status of the same?

thx
Sanjib
It will take 4-6 weeks time as the passport is being printed in India, the only way to check is your royal mail spl delivery tracking code.

AksJohn
Newly Registered

Post by AksJohn » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:58 pm

Hi everyone. I wanted to let you know the timelines involving my Indian passport renewal. I was looking for information on recent timelines when I was making my application and I thought this might benefit someone.

26 Mar 2014 - Passport renewal application made at HCI London.
25 Apr 2014 - Received passport via Royal Mail Secure Delivery envelope provided at the time of passport application.

There is no option of collecting the passport in person anymore. Please make sure you take a SDE along or they will send you off to a post office to get one. However they will issue a token for your position in the queue before sending you off to the post office.

On the application form I only ticked Option 1 Re-issue of passport even though there were 3 changes:
- Addition of spouse name: Submitted a copy of marriage certificate and copy of spouse’s passport (ensure this is self-attested by spouse). You will also need to show the originals though they won’t be taken, including original spouse’s passport.
- Address change: My permanent address in India had changed since last passport. Hence I submitted bank statement (dated within one month of application) showing new address. I enquired if I can put my UK address as I have ILR but they said no. Luckily I had a bank account in India that was yet to be converted into NRO and still had Indian address.
- Minor change in Father's name: I was not asked for any proof for change in Father's name as I was only changing the order of the name components i.e. Y J B to J Y B.

I hope this information helps someone.

AksJohn
Newly Registered

Post by AksJohn » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi everyone. I wanted to let you know the timelines involving my Indian passport renewal. I was looking for information on recent timelines when I was making my application and I thought this might benefit someone.

26 Mar 2014 - Passport renewal application made at HCI London.
25 Apr 2014 - Received passport via Royal Mail Secure Delivery envelope provided at the time of passport application.

There is no option of collecting the passport in person anymore. Please make sure you take a SDE along or they will send you off to a post office to get one. However they will issue a token for your position in the queue before sending you off to the post office.

On the application form I only ticked Option 1 Re-issue of passport even though there were 3 changes:
- Addition of spouse name: Submitted a copy of marriage certificate and copy of spouse’s passport (ensure this is self-attested by spouse). You will also need to show the originals though they won’t be taken, including original spouse’s passport.
- Address change: My permanent address in India had changed since last passport. Hence I submitted bank statement (dated within one month of application) showing new address. I enquired if I can put my UK address as I have ILR but they said no. Luckily I had a bank account in India that was yet to be converted into NRO and still had Indian address.
- Minor change in Father's name: I was not asked for any proof for change in Father's name as I was only changing the order of the name components i.e. Y J B to J Y B.

I hope this information helps someone.

dancingguy05

Post by dancingguy05 » Sat May 10, 2014 9:16 pm

Dear all
I need some suggestions from gurus
My passport expired in March 2014 while my visa application was in process. Now I got visa (brp).
I need to travel urgently to India by this Friday.
The timeline of application for renewal says 4-6 weeks

Pls suggest any way of getting new passport
Tq

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:56 am

See the following at HCI London website:

"Due to some recent developments, new full validity passports in respect of the applications received at HCI, London are now printed in India. As such, the time frame for passport services is normally between 4-6 weeks from the date of submission of application at the High Commission. Since new passports can be issued one year before the expiry of the existing passports, applicants are advised to apply for new passport well in advance. In case of emergency, where the applicant is not in a position to wait for 4-6 weeks, a short validity passport valid for two years or an Emergency Certificate (one-way travel document for travel to India)can be issued to the applicant normally within 6-8 working days(excluding the date of receipt of application at the Passport Section) or the application can be processed under Tatkal Scheme within three working days if the applicant so desires subject to production of proof of the emergency or if the Passport Officer is satisfied of the emergency situation during interview with the applicant.In such emergency cases, applications are accepted in Person only and not by Post."

So try under Tatkal. Keep in mind that you should carry proof of emergencyotherwise they don't entertain Tatkal for what THEY deem as non-emergency situations.
Regards,
crowbar6

dancingguy05

Post by dancingguy05 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:26 pm

Tq
I will try
Heading to hci london
Tx

kinn
Newly Registered

Passport validity and Visa renewal

Post by kinn » Mon May 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi,

My situation below;

1. My passport will expire on 16 June 2015.
2. My Tier2 General visa will expire on 20th June 2014.
3. Entered UK on 10th July 2011.
4. To qualify for ILR I need continuous stay in UK until 11th July 2016. (I'm well above the Salary threshold for settlement)
5. Planning to apply for a 3 year Tier2 General visa extension.
6. Applying for Passport Renewal from UK is currently taking upto 8 weeks, which makes Passport renewal before Visa renewal near impossible.

Some queries for your kind reply;

1. Can I apply for a 3 year Tier2 General visa extension when my passport is only valid for one more year ?
2. If NO, can Tier2 General visa be renewed more than once ? Extension Regimes that I know of are (a) 3year initial + 2 year extension, (b) 2year initial + 3 year extension.

ishchopra

Post by ishchopra » Wed May 14, 2014 9:32 am

Hello there,

Can somebody please suggest what time i should reach IHC to renew the passport?

some people say there is a huge queue therefore early morning is best but can anyone else share their experience please?

A

ynotpower
Newly Registered

Post by ynotpower » Thu May 22, 2014 10:55 pm

hi

I would like to share my experience in renewing my passport in HCI London.

My first trip to HCI was on 2nd May(Friday). I reached there at 9am in the morning. Got token 52. Heard an announcement by the officer that all applicants should bring a self addressed envelope. Ran to a nearby post office and bought an envelope(costs £7.45) Was called to counter at 11.10am. The officer turned down my application that I have added my spouse name in the application but didn't bring supporting documents to prove marital status. Asked to bring wife passport and marriage certificate originals along with photocopies. Photocopies should contain wife signature. Also the officer handed in affidavit form for change of appearance.

Second trip to HCI was on 7th May(Wednesday). Reached by 8am and got token 26. This time I carried all the documents, an extra £20 pound for the attestation of the affidavit by the HCI officer so a total of £72 pound in change. Called for at 11.20am(this time the officer were are all female at the passport counters- took the same time as last attempt for just 26 tokens, very irritating but useful for people who have come there unprepared they helped like a mother helping her kids)

in the next weeks planned for a trip in June forgetting that the original passport is with HCI. Worried whether the passport with come by the time quoted in the HCI website(4 -6 weeks). To all surprise I received the new and old passport delivered on 21 May , just in 2 weeks time.

Heil India. Heil HCI. No words to appreciate this fast turnaround.

ishchopra

Post by ishchopra » Fri May 23, 2014 9:59 am

Hello Mate,

This was really helpful.. can you please tell me what is change of appearance ??

ynotpower
Newly Registered

Post by ynotpower » Thu May 29, 2014 2:43 pm

hi

The officer will issue "change of appearance" form If your appearance has changed significantly. For example in my case my old passport had my college photo on it where I look skinny, but now have a matured look(fatty) and have removed the glasses

You will get time to fill-in the form at the counter itself and the officer can do the affidavit for £20 pounds

nikitasha8

Post by nikitasha8 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi

I was going through the posts as i am going to apply for renewal of my passport by post. I am going to apply for renewal of expiring soon passport and adding my spouse name to the new passport. Can you tell me if I should select only Reissue of passport or select miscellaneous service as well to request adding the name of the spouse.

Can you please also tell what should i select for q.20 Is this application for a passport for the 1) First Time 2) new passport in replacement of an expired. My passport has not expired so should i select option 1? And for q. 17 should i give details of relative in India or uk?

Please can someone reply asap as i would like to send my passport for renewal tomorrow

Many thanks

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu May 29, 2014 4:23 pm

Reissue (spouse's name will automatically be added)
Q20- new passport in replacement of an expired (passport can be renewed upto one year prior expiry)
Q17 - either will do.

nikitasha8

Post by nikitasha8 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:06 pm

Thank you for your reply ban.s

I have couple of another questions if someone can help.

Should I sign under both boxes provided at the end of the application form?

And would I need to send any address proof for UK or indian address? Please note that i am not changing address in the passport as it is still the same.

Am I suppose to pay any additional fee for adding spouse name?

ishchopra

Post by ishchopra » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:19 pm

Can this affidavit be done same day?

please confirm

new_mem
Newly Registered

Post by new_mem » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:01 am

Hello,
I am new to this forum. My passport is expiring in Oct this year. I want to send the docs for renewal by post. I have the following changes to be made in the passport.
1) Adding spouse's name
2) Changing India address
3) Signature change

Is it better to send the docs by post or submit them in person?

The HCI website mentions prescribed fee under change of address and signature. Is this a reference to the £52 fee they collect for passport renewal or is there an additional fee for each of them?

If I plan to send the docs by post, do I need to send the original passport of my spouse and original marriage certificate with attested copies?

For the address change, will the passport office accept print out of utility bills which I am getting scanned from India or do I need to submit the original bills?

Any support on these issues will be really helpful.

Thanks.

srujankumar
Newly Registered

Post by srujankumar » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi, I am about to apply for passport renewal for my child [10yrs old]. Please provide me the application form link and online appointments page link. Thanks in advance.

kamalahasang
Newly Registered

Post by kamalahasang » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi, I am planning to apply for renewing my passport which will expire my May end BY POST. My current passport do not have my spouse name as I was not married at that time. Is it mandatory to have my wife's name in my new passport? If no, can i leave Q14 spouse name as blank? If yes, is my wife's original passport should be submitted? My wife is in India so i do not have her passport with me. Please help.
Regards,
Kamal

godfreyonmail
Newly Registered

Post by godfreyonmail » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:38 pm

kamalahasang wrote:Hi, I am planning to apply for renewing my passport which will expire my May end BY POST. My current passport do not have my spouse name as I was not married at that time. Is it mandatory to have my wife's name in my new passport? If no, can i leave Q14 spouse name as blank? If yes, is my wife's original passport should be submitted? My wife is in India so i do not have her passport with me. Please help.
Regards,
Kamal
hi kamalahasang,

Its a good idea to get your wife's name added in your passport, going forward when ever you are required to apply for any visa's etc (as an example) together it just builds a stronger case. you'd have to give explanations all the time in the future as to why you did not get your wife's name added in your new passport despite you both being married at the time when you applied for a new passport.
I got my passport renewed recently, I did not have my wife's name in my old passport, to get my wife's name added in my new passport I was required to submit copies of the first and last page of my wife's passport attested by her, show her original passport at the time of submission of my application plus show the original marriage certificate.
did some research for your question, have a look at the answers for Q7 & Q13 in the link below, you should get some idea on how to do this.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlinePr ... sAvailable

On a separate note,
for any applicants planning to apply for renewal of passport in HCI London, below were the processing time lines for me:

Applied for passport renewal on :30-Jan-2015
New Passport issued on :06-Feb-2015
Passport received by courier on :10-Feb-2015.

livnow
Newly Registered

Indian Passport renewal in London - Is Appointment Mandatory

Post by livnow » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:37 am

Hi,

I have to get my indian passport renewed by July 2015. Is it mandatory to take online appointment or can I just go to the Indian High commission directly with the required docs ? Whats been your recent experience.

Please share so I can do accordingly.

Thanks,
Liv

godfreyonmail
Newly Registered

Post by godfreyonmail » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:39 am

livnow wrote:Hi,

I have to get my indian passport renewed by July 2015. Is it mandatory to take online appointment or can I just go to the Indian High commission directly with the required docs ? Whats been your recent experience.

Please share so I can do accordingly.

Thanks,
Liv
Hello you definitely need to get an appointment for renewal of passport at HCI London.
follow this link

https://www.visaservices.co.in/IHC-UK-A ... eUVLcp3A4=

all the other information that you need to know e.g. the process, documents required etc are here.

https://www.hcilondon.in/pages.php?id=35