ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport renewal in London - queries

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kayzee83
Newly Registered

Re: Indian Passport renewal in London - Queries

Post by kayzee83 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:14 pm

Hello All,

My Indian passport expires in November this year. I booked an appointment for Friday 20.02.2015 (yesterday) which I unfortunately missed. I tried to cancel it online however it kept saying 'the time limit for cancellation has passed'. I was trying to cancel the previous evening due to a last minute change of my work schedule but I couldn't do it. I then called up at 9am however I wasn't able to get thru to anyone on the HCI London landline. I then emailed them and left it at that.

This morning when trying to book another appointment the system wasn't allowing me to book one saying I had to 'cancel the current one'. When trying to cancel the current/expired one it said 'the time limit has expired'. So here's what I need to know;

1. What is the procedure to make a new booking for an appointment?
2. Anyone knows the time frame for a postal application; from postage to delivery? I know the website suggested around 5 weeks but would like to know if anyone has had a personal experience and a realistic time frame?
3. Lastly, if I now have a different address in India will a copy of my Indian driving license be enough for my Indian address proof. As I have been outside India since 2005 I have no other address proof apart from my driving license.

Answers to 1, 2 and 3 will be highly appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

Cheers!
Kay