ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport renewal in London - queries

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

arunpr
Newly Registered

Passport Renewal

Post by arunpr » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:01 am

I have sent my passport to HCI London for renewal on February 27th. How many days will it take to get the passport? Shall I need to visit HCI London office to speed up the process ? Is there any way to know the present status ? I have sent email and not getting any response. One telephone number is given in website 020 7632 3119. But that number is not working.

Anybody has sent passport for renewal through post to HCI London and how many days did it take to receive the passport ?

premsk
Newly Registered

Re: Passport Renewal

Post by premsk » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:06 am

arunpr wrote:I have sent my passport to HCI London for renewal on February 27th. How many days will it take to get the passport? Shall I need to visit HCI London office to speed up the process ? Is there any way to know the present status ? I have sent email and not getting any response. One telephone number is given in website 020 7632 3119. But that number is not working.

Anybody has sent passport for renewal through post to HCI London and how many days did it take to receive the passport ?
I have first sent my application on 26th Jan and the application was returned to me in 5 working days as my marriage certificate was not being sent with the application.

I had to re-send my application by Royal Mail special delivery on 8th Feb 2012 and received it today....I tried reaching them on the contacts and emails to enquire status and of no use....but i guess it usually takes 3-4 weeks....

Also, I got an ILR and sent my UK address proof... and that address was being printed on my passport, even though I mentioned my Indian address in the application. Hope this helps.

arunpr
Newly Registered

Post by arunpr » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Thanks for the info

ameetdey
Newly Registered

Query on Passport renewal

Post by ameetdey » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks to all for the information posted here that made the passport renewal for my son a smooth sail. After having read all the terrifying reviews in some other websites I was scared that I would ever get the passport back. On the contrary the entire process was simple and worked like a dream.

Application submission:
1. Visited passport office at 7:30 am on 2 Apr. There were about 20 people ahead of me.
2. Token distribution started at 8:30 am. Received token number 217 (17th for passport services).
3. Entered the building and took a seat in the gallery. Counters 2 and 3 (for passport services) opened at 9.45 am.
4. Token number display on the TV screen and approached the counter at about 10:30 am.
5. Submitted following:
2 passport photo
Filled out form with photo
Copy of old passport 1st,last and visa page
Copy of old passport 1st,last and visa page (both parents)
£19 in exact change
6. Received Receipt that gave collection time of 4 pm on 16 Apr.

Note: Child need not be physically present and submission can be done my either parent.
No need to flock to HCI early morning. Tokens are distributed till 12:00 pm and if you have the token they would accept the application on the same day.

Collection:
1) Visited passport office at 3:30 pm on 16 Apr.
2) Was allowed to enter the office immediately.
3) Deposit the receipt at counter 2.
3) Waited for the counter 2 to open which did ultimately at 4:45 pm
4) Was chaos as the guy over the counter was calling names randomly and everyone was standing surrounding the window.
5) Nevertheless the wait was fruitful as I got the passport after 15-20 minutes of waiting.

Regards,
Amit

vks

Re: Query on Passport renewal

Post by vks » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Couple of questions:

Should the address of both the parent's passport be the same as that of the child?

Can we apply by post for the re-issue of child's passport? If yes, should we submit the originals of the parent's passport along with the child's?
ameetdey wrote:Thanks to all for the information posted here that made the passport renewal for my son a smooth sail. After having read all the terrifying reviews in some other websites I was scared that I would ever get the passport back. On the contrary the entire process was simple and worked like a dream.

Application submission:
1. Visited passport office at 7:30 am on 2 Apr. There were about 20 people ahead of me.
2. Token distribution started at 8:30 am. Received token number 217 (17th for passport services).
3. Entered the building and took a seat in the gallery. Counters 2 and 3 (for passport services) opened at 9.45 am.
4. Token number display on the TV screen and approached the counter at about 10:30 am.
5. Submitted following:
2 passport photo
Filled out form with photo
Copy of old passport 1st,last and visa page
Copy of old passport 1st,last and visa page (both parents)
£19 in exact change
6. Received Receipt that gave collection time of 4 pm on 16 Apr.

Note: Child need not be physically present and submission can be done my either parent.
No need to flock to HCI early morning. Tokens are distributed till 12:00 pm and if you have the token they would accept the application on the same day.

Collection:
1) Visited passport office at 3:30 pm on 16 Apr.
2) Was allowed to enter the office immediately.
3) Deposit the receipt at counter 2.
3) Waited for the counter 2 to open which did ultimately at 4:45 pm
4) Was chaos as the guy over the counter was calling names randomly and everyone was standing surrounding the window.
5) Nevertheless the wait was fruitful as I got the passport after 15-20 minutes of waiting.

Regards,
Amit
Regards,
vks

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:27 am

Guys here is my experience with Indian Embassy I have PR here and I sent my application which they returned back after a week saying I need to send my wife’s passport and our marriage certificate. They also mentioned about my permanent Indian address so I have to ask my parents to send all of my documents to the UK.This has wasted my £11 on special deliver envelopes. WHY HAVEN’T THEY HAVE UPDATED THEIR WEB SITE what is needed and what not? I WAS REALLY ANGRY.
Anyway I have submitted my application on 26/12 . I need my passport back to travel abroad and apply for a visa. THEY were NOT ANSWERING THE PHONE, FAX IS NOT WORKING EITHER AND NO REPLIES FOR THE EMAIL.
Anyway I have it today and all is forgiven.

Here is an example of an European embassy… something was misprint on the website and I sent my query for a resident permit. In 6 hours I got reply from the HEAD OF THE CONSULATE telling me everything in detail. Since then I have sent 4-5 email to him and every single email was answered in 4-5 hours.

vks

Post by vks » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:01 am

Did you change your address in the application form?
Punjab wrote:Guys here is my experience with Indian Embassy I have PR here and I sent my application which they returned back after a week saying I need to send my wife’s passport and our marriage certificate. They also mentioned about my permanent Indian address so I have to ask my parents to send all of my documents to the UK.This has wasted my £11 on special deliver envelopes. WHY HAVEN’T THEY HAVE UPDATED THEIR WEB SITE what is needed and what not? I WAS REALLY ANGRY.
Anyway I have submitted my application on 26/12 . I need my passport back to travel abroad and apply for a visa. THEY were NOT ANSWERING THE PHONE, FAX IS NOT WORKING EITHER AND NO REPLIES FOR THE EMAIL.
Anyway I have it today and all is forgiven.

Here is an example of an European embassy… something was misprint on the website and I sent my query for a resident permit. In 6 hours I got reply from the HEAD OF THE CONSULATE telling me everything in detail. Since then I have sent 4-5 email to him and every single email was answered in 4-5 hours.
Regards,
vks

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:38 am

Hi Vks

Yes I did changed my address to the UK one when I submitted the first time. I did give them bank statements, Driving license photo copies etc to proove it

deepthoughts
Newly Registered

renewal by post

Post by deepthoughts » Tue May 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi,

I had sent my Indian passport for renewal on 9th April via special delivery to the HCI London with a postage paid envelope included for return and I have not heard from them. :(

I would appreciate if somebody with personal experience of applying by post can share their experience, I wonder if there is a way of finding out the status or when shall I go to the HCI chasing for my passport ( I should have gone in person and not rely on postal application, but its too late to think on those lines now.)

Best Wishes

Sanjay

abc_123
Newly Registered

Indian Passport renewal in London - queries

Post by abc_123 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi Team

Please help me with this query. My spouse name is already there in my old (expiring soon) passport. Please advise do I still need to submit copy of marriage certificate when I apply for new passport.

Thanks & Regards

CharlesRoopesh
Newly Registered

CGI Birmingham - Child Passport

Post by CharlesRoopesh » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:34 am

Hi
I applied for my child passport in CGI Birmingham in Tatkal.

1. Went at 8:30 AM, got token for passport service [ 3rd in queue]
2. When called paid them for normal passport and asked them I need to apply in tatkal.
3. The madam told to wait till passport officer comes. She noted my/child name and kept application to her side
4. Passport officer came at 11 30. Called me.
5. Gave the reason that I have an official trip planned to france and hence I taking family with me on holiday. And schengan requirements are to have a passport with 3 months validity. And trip cancellation was more than 1300 GBP.
6. He asked me to write a letter and attach flight/eurostar tickets
7. Did that from a local shop outside and gave him again at 12:00.
Note: After 12:00 the main gates are closed and you have to ring a bell at the exit door.
8. Passport officer approved immediately and asked to pay 100 GBP at counter.
9. Did that and was asked to come at 4 PM to collect
10. Collected at 4 PM. But paid another 33 GBP because they had only Jumbo passport in stock .

So if you are need of quick passport, don't be afraid to ask at the counter. these are not clearly given in CGI sites.

eashkuma4
India

Passport Renewal

Post by eashkuma4 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:52 pm

I have a question, my Son passport is expiring and I have to renew. I currently Hold British Passport with OCI and my Wife hold Indian passport including my Son

Could you let me know if can renew my Son Indian Passport as mother is still Indian?

laalaram
BANNED

Post by laalaram » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:53 am

i think Any idea how many days does the Indian High Commission in London take to re-issue a new passport (i.e. after expiry of 10 years validity) when the application is made in person?
Appreciate feedback from anyone who's got it done in recent months.

muskaan
Newly Registered

Post by muskaan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:56 am

I applied for the reissue of passport (n expiry of 10 years) by postal service at CGI Birmingham. It has been over a month now and I have not received my documents and new passport. I have been trying to call them at the number on their website but no one ever attends that call.

Can anyone help me on how to contact them? Is it normal for them to take more than a month for reissue of passport (the website says 7 working days + 7 more days if you make a postal application).

shriya
Newly Registered

passport renewal

Post by shriya » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:40 pm

I have heard from people that there is a facility whereby if you want to travel but at the same time want the passport to be renewed, the indian embassy allow us to keep the old passport for the travel purpose.Can anyone give me some information on this. hoping to get a reply soon :) Thanks a ton :)

Newly Registered

Changes to the photo size for the Passport renewal applicati

Post by 18805 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:30 am

Hi All,

Please be advised that there are some changes to PHOTO requirements and application process.

As expected, lazy embassy officers wanted to surprise every innocent applicant at the embassy entrance .

As per the new rules you need to have 4cm x 4cm photo.

And there is a generous entrepreneur from India cross the road will give you four copies for £20 pounds.

and also DON'T expect you can collect your new passport with in one week like earlier.

As per the new rules your details will be sent to India and you will have to wait for 5 WEEKS to get your new passport and I was told there NO TATKAL scheme :(

As per the officer at the counter, High commission will notify us by email to collect passport after 5 weeks.

I went to embassy on Oct -7th and had lot of surprises one after another.

Still Passport information section on High commission website showing old information after a month introducing new rules. so I decided to share this information here.

Be prepared.

tmistry
Newly Registered

Post by tmistry » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi

Thank you for the link.

Just wanted to check one more thing...!?
We posted our application to the office with the self addressed return special delivery envelop as requested

Does this mean we can post our passports to the HCI office, special delivery to be stamped and they should return them in our special delivery envelope?

Thanks

shriya
Newly Registered

Re: Changes to the photo size for the Passport renewal appli

Post by shriya » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:07 pm

18805 wrote:Hi All,

Please be advised that there are some changes to PHOTO requirements and application process.

As expected, lazy embassy officers wanted to surprise every innocent applicant at the embassy entrance .

And there is a generous entrepreneur from India cross the road will give you four copies for £20 pounds.

and also DON'T expect you can collect your new passport with in one week like earlier.

As per the new rules your details will be sent to India and you will have to wait for 5 WEEKS to get your new passport and I was told there NO TATKAL scheme :(

As per the officer at the counter, High commission will notify us by email to collect passport after 5 weeks.

Still Passport information section on High commission website showing old information after a month introducing new rules. so I decided to share this information here.

Be prepared.
in how much time did your passport come

shriya
Newly Registered

Post by shriya » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:41 pm

hi all,
I would like to know if anybody apply for a passport from India even though residing outside India.
What is the procedure and how much time it takes, what are the documents required???

yugandhar
Newly Registered

travel while waiting for passport

Post by yugandhar » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:44 pm

Hello Sir,

I have submitted passport reissue of my child on Nov 13th by hand at the london Office and have given return delivery cover so that they can post me back. However after submitting they told me it takes 6 weeks for passport return as they are now being printed from India. But I have my travel planned to India on Dec 25th. After telling my problem, they said come and enquire at the office after 3 or 4 weeks. Do we need to go during the passport collection time (4-5 PM) only to verify the status (sorry there was a mad rush I forgot to ask this to them)? Does any one know if there are other processes that will allow us to collect the old passport (which is valid for 5 more months) and travel etc..

Many thanks for the help.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:47 am

Can confirm that the standard lead time is indeed 5 weeks now. Had gone earlier today but didn't submit as need to travel urgently in the next couple of weeks. As usual they haven't updated this anywhere on the website and cause so much of inconvenience!
Regards,
crowbar6

shriya
Newly Registered

Re: travel while waiting for passport

Post by shriya » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:03 am

yugandhar wrote:Hello Sir,

I have submitted passport reissue of my child on Nov 13th by hand at the london Office and have given return delivery cover so that they can post me back. However after submitting they told me it takes 6 weeks for passport return as they are now being printed from India. But I have my travel planned to India on Dec 25th. After telling my problem, they said come and enquire at the office after 3 or 4 weeks. Do we need to go during the passport collection time (4-5 PM) only to verify the status (sorry there was a mad rush I forgot to ask this to them)? Does any one know if there are other processes that will allow us to collect the old passport (which is valid for 5 more months) and travel etc..

Many thanks for the help.
Hello I would like to know what is the size of the photographs that you submitted, is it 34 by 45 or has it changed to 4 by 4

kumarilr13

Post by kumarilr13 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi All,

I think i am going to be a big trouble now.

My Indian passport expired on 5/12/13, i need to renew my passport ASAP because i am getting married on 6th Feb 2014 and i need to travel to India. I am applying for a renewal on Monday 23/12/13 in London because i stay in London. Could some one advice me if i can get my new passport in Time??? and what is the time frame for Indian passport renewal if i apply in London??

Please advice and thank you very much for your help.

Many Thanks,
Kumar.

twinklerstar
Newly Registered

Passport Reissue by Post HCI High Commission of India London

Post by twinklerstar » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Hello all,

This is just to let you all know how long it takes to get a passport re-issued from HCI London if you apply by post.

My passport is 9 years 8 months old when I applied for passport re-issue.

Sent my passport application for passport reissue(to replace about to expire passport) on 7th October 2013, Received on 8th October at embassy.
It was registered by them on 30th October,
It was issued around 24th November
It was sent to us on 12th December using the special delivery envelope we enclosed.

So, if you have sent your application by post, wait atleast for 22 days before you enquire as until then they may not even know that you have sent an application as it will not be registered with them.

It took Approximately 68 days for my passport to arrive once sent to embassy for re-issue.

gillalah
Newly Registered

Re: Changes to the photo size for the Passport renewal appli

Post by gillalah » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:45 pm

shriya wrote:
18805 wrote:Hi All,

Be prepared.
in how much time did your passport come

Hi,

You do not need to provide a 4cmX4cm Photo's. Photos from Boots/ASDA booth stations are also acceptable. There is photo studio on the other side of road, they charge 5 GBP to give 4 copies! Its not 20 GBP!.

I went today and its not that hectic.

Thanks