ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my Wife ILR validity

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marksha
Newly Registered

my Wife ILR validity

Post by marksha » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:52 am

Dear All,

Currently, both I and my daughter received OCI cards recently and my wife is holding ILR from 2012.
Currently, we are planning to relocate to India from 2017 Summar for a foreseeable period of time.
My wife ILR is valid until 2022 ( usually ILR card is valid for 10 years) and not planning to apply for a British passport for my wife in near future.

My query-

What should we do to keep my wife ILR is valid?
I have been told that my wife has to visit UK for every 2 years ( like a very short trip like one week or so)
I am wondering- does anyone have any clue about my situation or anyone already in the same situation

Please share your thoughts and response would be appreciated

Kind Regards

Casa

Re: my Wife ILR validity

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:54 am

ILR is lost after 2 years of absence and short visits to the UK do not maintain this.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.