ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nikka Nama NOT valid for Afghans in pakistan?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AcrossBorders

Nikka Nama NOT valid for Afghans in pakistan?

Post by AcrossBorders » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:17 am

Hi, my wife is applying for a settlement Visa. She is an Afghan living in Pakistan.

Just as I thought as I was understanding what was required, this has confused me:

Nikka Nama not valid for Afghans.
UKBA:
For marriages of Afghan nationals that took place after 2005, the Pakistan Nikah Nama is not valid for Afghan nationals.
So what they want is Consulate issued marriage books?! what is that..
UKBA:
Afghan Embassy and Consulate-issued marriage books must be attested by both the MFA Afghanistan and the Afghan Consulate for them to be valid in Pakistan.
So these"books" what does it consist of and what is required to apply for one at the consulate.. etc

Any help is appreciated.

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:47 am

Hi my friend,

I currently have one of these books in my possession and it contains about 10 pages with pashto/farsi and english writing. You will need to go afghan embassy with your Tazkira(identity documents) issued by the province where you were born. It is highly unlikely that you will get the nikah nama(booklet) if you don't have this tazkira and this can't be obtained from anywehre other than place of birth. You will also need your passport and couple of witnesses to take there. Once you got the booklet just find your local area nazim or councillor in pakistan or what ever you call it and get him to make another nakah nama according to the booklet and get them to stamp it etc. they will not stamp the afghan issued booklet but they are not allowed to do that!!

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi Sajid,

The Booklet you have got, is there a specific name for it? or just Nikah Nama booklet.

Did you get yours stamped by the Minitry of Foriegn affairs and Consulate?

Also the Nakah nama the counciller made for you afterwards, is that a 1 page document that will need translating also? As I already have an Urdu Nikka nama that has been translated.. what would be different in the booklet

Thanks for your help.

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:54 pm

The consulate general of afghanistan in karachi has issued it and they put all the required stamps on it. We transalated it and got it signed by the nazim in that area.

its just called nikah nama. Call gerrys in islamabad for more information.