ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Oci application queries

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

david1955
- thin ice -

Oci application queries

Post by david1955 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:01 am

Hi Everyone,

Me and my wife recently became British citizens and now in the process of applying for OCI. I have following queries in regards to making the application online. I hope someone can help.

(1) I am not sure if we should make joint application or individual application online on OCI portal. As we don't have each other name in our respective passport.
(2) If we make joint application , are we required to upload marriage certificate as well. As we are not applying OCI based on marriage.
(3) In the document upload section , for Indian origin document i am planning to upload surrender certificate and Indian passport biodata page as one single document. Is that sufficient or am i required to upload full Indian passport copy.
(4) Again In the document upload section , for current nationality document i am planning to upload naturalisation certificate and British passport biodata page as one single document. Is that sufficient or am i required to upload full British passport copy.
(5) and finally Am i required to attest the upload documents.

Thanks

FayEng

Re: Oci application queries

Post by FayEng » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:36 am

Hi David

I was on a similar situation as you. You have to apply as individuals and there is no such an option as joint application.
marriage certificate is not required as both are Indians and applying on individual basis

The indian passport bio-data page and surrender certificate is sufficient
British passport and naturalization certificate is sufficient.
You have to self attest all the copies you upload online or submit at VFS.
I applied last month and got it approved last week

Good luck

Fay

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:38 am

FayEng wrote:Hi David

I was on a similar situation as you. You have to apply as individuals and there is no such an option as joint application.
marriage certificate is not required as both are Indians and applying on individual basis

The indian passport bio-data page and surrender certificate is sufficient
British passport and naturalization certificate is sufficient.
You have to self attest all the copies you upload online or submit at VFS.
I applied last month and got it approved last week

Good luck

Fay
Hi Fay,

So did u added your wife in the part A of the application or you entirely created a fresh application for your wife?

FayEng

Post by FayEng » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:39 am

You just write her details in the spouse section but have to create an individual application for her

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:44 am

FayEng wrote:You just write her details in the spouse section but have to create an individual application for her

Many Thanks for your reply