ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

oci booklet

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Easy Tiger

oci booklet

Post by Easy Tiger » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:29 pm

hi , i have a question about about the oci booklet booklet replacement for over 60's. my uncle and auntie who are over 60 would like to replace their current oci booklet because it contains a previous british passport number , as they renewed their british passport not too along ago.

whats is the process involved when and how much does it cost. would my uncle and auntie need cancel their existing oci booklet before applying for replacement that would have their new british passport number.

thanks

rmukherjee

Re: oci booklet

Post by rmukherjee » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Not done it personally but you probably need OCI Misc Services: Go to http://www.vfsglobal.com/India/UK/OCI.html and click on OCI Misc Services.
A. Transfer of OCI from expired Passport to new Passport or change in Nationality:

Applicants are required to fill miscellaneous application form online for transfer of OCI Visa from old passport to new passport and have to submit the printed application along with copy of old and new passport and copy of OCI booklet.

New Passport Number is to be given in the application form for transfer of OCI Visa to new Passport.

Applicants should enclose two photographs along with the application.

The processing time is 6-8 weeks, from the date of submission at the application centre.

Fees for transfer of OCI Visa to New passport and issue of new OCI booklet thereof is £18.

Please Click Here for the application form for Miscellaneous Services.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:20 pm

Hi , I know you have to use the OCI Misc Services but what I want to know is that do the current oci booklets with the old British passport need to be canceld first before I apply for new oci booklets with new passport number. !

Thanks

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:28 pm

Easy Tiger wrote:Hi , I know you have to use the OCI Misc Services but what I want to know is that do the current oci booklets with the old British passport need to be canceld first before I apply for new oci booklets with new passport number. !

Thanks
Yes it does, When you get a new British Passport , your OCI on the previous passport will be cancelled. You would need to reapply for OCI which would cost around £60