ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Oci for a child on his new renewal British passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nihitareddy.k
Newly Registered

Oci for a child on his new renewal British passport

Post by nihitareddy.k » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi there,
I am new to this site so if there are any mistakes in my post pls excuse me.
My child was born in uk in 2009. He got his passport in the same year. We got our oci in2011. So now it's the time for renewal of his uk passport. The question is what happens to the stamping of oci in his old passport?will it automatically transfer to the new one or again we have to apply for the Oci for him?
Nihita

VR

Re: Oci for a child on his new renewal British passport

Post by VR » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:20 pm

That Is a Catch which is not obvious in the OCI published facts. There is no question of transfer of OCI sticker from one passport to another. A new application process needs to be started for children.
cheers
vr

Note: I am trying to find out if it is true that adults could continue to travel with the OCI Passport Sticker on an Expired Passport while travelling on a new passport!

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:30 pm

A child needs to renew OCI through OCI misc services each time a new BP is acquired until age of 20.

Between 20-50 there is no need to transfer OCI in new passport. Just carry both new and old passports.

After 50 once a new passport is received OCI needs to be renewed. This will be just one time only and no further renewal is required.

VR

Post by VR » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:47 am

Thanks Ban.S!

Anvitha3
Newly Registered

Post by Anvitha3 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:16 pm

hi ,
I'm in same situation.
I'm planning to travel to India with my child 6 years old in few days.
But she just received her new British passport. But her OCI is in old passport.
Do you know if we can travel with both the passports ( I mean OCI on old passport and then blank new British passport)
When I called VFS , they asked me to take a visiting visa for my daughter.
Did anyone travel recently with such situation ? If so could you please let me know.

Thanks.

kopper

Post by kopper » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:25 pm

Anvitha3 wrote:hi ,
I'm in same situation.
Do you know if we can travel with both the passports ( I mean OCI on old passport and then blank new British passport)
Did anyone travel recently with such situation ? If so could you please let me know.

Thanks.
Hi
I was in a similar situation and there was no time to transfer the OCI to my daughter's new UK passport.
The rules on their website states that you need to apply for the transfer (approx£18) to the new passport for children (Misc Services).
In the end i took her old passport (with oci) and new passport (without oci) to India 2 years ago and there were no questions asked either outbound or inbound.
As adults can already do this, it appears that the officals will accept childrens also.

If in doubt you can email the following offical in India to confirm if this is still valid:
shettybn@nic.in

vgchimata
Newly Registered

Post by vgchimata » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:58 pm

kopper wrote:
Anvitha3 wrote:hi ,
I'm in same situation.

Thanks.
Hi
I am on same situation as my son got new british passport recently and i dont have time to transfer OCI stamp from old passport to new, as i need to travel next week to India. I called lot of people & did't get correct answer
I am confused.
Thanks
venu