ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mubbashshir
Newly Registered

Overseas Citizenship of India

Post by Mubbashshir » Wed May 11, 2016 11:20 am

Application Date : 01-April-2016
VFS Center: Bradford
Registration Status at Mission :Birmingham
Original Documents received: 13-April-2016
Date Of Acknowledgment : 26-April-2016
Documents Printing Status : n/a
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) : n/a
Document received At Edinburgh: n/a
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON : n/a
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED : n/a

My OCI status is as above. Really hope I will get my OCI cards(5-Applied for whole family) on time. As I have a plans to travel to India.

Hi NM,

Did you hear anything from Birmingham high Commission. It is already two months since you applied(Today is 11th May and You applied on 11th March). Also is there any specific contact email for Birmingham High
Commission. I know about the generic one i.e. info.ociuk@vfshelpline.com(Guess this is more for Visa office). If you have any specific email for Birmingham High Commission please let me know.

with regards,
Mubbashshir.

nm
Member of Standing

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by nm » Wed May 11, 2016 11:59 am

Hi Mubbashshir,

I have not received yet, the status still show as under process. I had sent email to the address you mentioned and got a response that they do not know anything about the status of application as the processing time remains solely at the discretion of the High Commission of India and its Consulates.

I am looking for an email to contact the consulates

Mubbashshir
Newly Registered

Post by Mubbashshir » Wed May 11, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi NM,

Try the below contacts for Birmingham High Commission:

Public Response Unit Telephone No. 0044 - 121 –2361556 PRU Working hours:- 10 to 12.30 pm / 2 to 4.30 pm (Mon-Fri) E-mail: info.cgibirmingham@gmail.com

For Emergency the contacts are below(in case of death of you relatives or some other emergency)

0121-212-3217 (After office hours and on holidays).Office hours: 09:30 AM- 6:30 PM (Monday-Friday) 10.00 AM-5.00 PM (Weekends and Holidays)

Mubbashshir
Newly Registered

Post by Mubbashshir » Wed May 11, 2016 4:32 pm

Hi NM,

If emailing or Telephone calls don't work. Given below are further options:

In case your consular problems are not resolved in spite of several requests, you are advised to meet the following officer for OCI Cards issues on any working day from 1200hrs to 1300hrs without prior appointment.

Contact Shri B C Pradhan, Consul (Head of Chancery) for OCI Cards. His email: hoc.birmingham@mea.gov.in

Mubbashshir
Newly Registered

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India

Post by Mubbashshir » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:25 pm

Application Date : 22-April-2016
VFS Center: Bradford
Registration Status at Mission :Birmingham
Original Documents received: 26-April-2016
Date Of Acknowledgment : 26-April-2016
Documents Printing Status : 03-June-2016
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) : 06-June-2016
Document received At Birmingham: 10-June-2016
PASSPORT SUBMITTED IN PERSON : In progress
PASSPORT AND OCI DOCUMENT RECEIVED : n/a

ajin
Newly Registered

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India

Post by ajin » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:49 am

Hi

I Made an application for an OCI at London Paddington office and it was acknowledged on 24th of June 2016 with status of Under Process. I have emailed the London mission and have been told it is awaiting some form of security clearance.
When asked exactly what does that means and where are they seeking the security clearance from, I have had no replies.

Anyone else in a similar situation or knows what i can do or whom to contact to progress this?

Thanks in advance