ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIO or VISA for son and daughter to visit india

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lifeinuk80
Newly Registered

PIO or VISA for son and daughter to visit india

Post by lifeinuk80 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:17 pm

Hi Members
We received our daughter and son's naturalization certificate and we processed for their British passports, My query is that once we received there British passports. As me and my wife hold Indian passport with Indefinite, Do we have to get a visa for my son and daughter to travel to India and before we travel should we surrender there Indian passports(son & daughter) If so how long would it take for the process as we want to travel in may.

Shall we apply for PIO or OCI or Visa.

or what would be the process.

I had a reply from one of the member saying
yes once they get their british passports they need to surrender their indian passports and apply for surrender certificate and then apply for PIO.

They are not eligible for OCI until parents are foriegn nationals i.e in your case british nationals.

My question is that do my children need a VISA or they can travel once they have PIO card to India

Many thanks

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Re: PIO or VISA for son and daughter to visit india

Post by manyaonisland » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:17 pm

lifeinuk80 wrote:
My question is that do my children need a VISA or they can travel once they have PIO card to India

Many thanks
Once Kids have PIO card there is no need of separate visa for travel to India.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.