ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

QUESTION: WITHDRAW ILR APPLICATION, REAPPLY FROM U.S.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cobiellaK
Newly Registered

QUESTION: WITHDRAW ILR APPLICATION, REAPPLY FROM U.S.

Post by cobiellaK » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:55 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to withdraw an ILR set(m) application and reapply from the U.S.?

I applied by post in December, unaware of the PEO option. A job opportunity has come up which requires a trip to NY for an interview and extensive travel as part of the job description. I need my passport to travel for the interview, and would need to be free to travel afterward to be seriously considered for the job. I'm afraid if I wait on UKBA, given the horror stories about six month (and longer) wait times, the job opportunity will be lost.

My spouse visa expired in December and I am currently in the UK on 3c leave while my application for ILR is being processed. Obviously, I would lose the ££ for the original application, but would I be eligible to apply for settlement from the US?

Casa

Re: QUESTION: WITHDRAW ILR APPLICATION, REAPPLY FROM U.S.

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:08 pm

No, you'd have to start from 'square one' with a spouse settlement visa and a 5 year route to permanent residence. ILR applications are only possible from within the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Re: QUESTION: WITHDRAW ILR APPLICATION, REAPPLY FROM U.S.

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:25 pm

Don't request your passport back for the purpose of travel.

However, there may be a risky alternative?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.