ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter of permission from Home Office

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mudassir
Newly Registered

Letter of permission from Home Office

Post by Mudassir » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:02 am

Dear All,

I need your assistance. I am applying for HSMP soon. I have got a querry here. Actually, I have done MSC from England during 2005 and 2006 and I would be claiming 5 points under the section of UK experience. The section says that if u have worked in uk for an year u can claim 5 points or alternatively if u have studied in uk for 1 academic year u can still get 5 points. I have studied in UK for 1 academic year but they need some evidence for this. The evidence required by them is:

1- Your Original Degree Certificate (Which I am going to send with my application).
2- A Confirmation Letter from the university confirming that I have studied that course.( Which I am going to send with my application).
3- A Letter of Permission from Home Office conferring your stay in UK during studies. (Unfortunately, I didn't recieve any such letter when I applied for student visa. Also at a point i need to extend my visa so I did get an extension and the visa was stamped on my passport but they still didn't send me any letter alongwith my passport).

I am curious about the letter. The HSMP guidance states that you have to provide a letter of permission from home office but if u don't have that letter due to compelling reasons u can provide exceptional evidences which include notarized copy of my passport and also the pages on which the visa is stamped.

I have contacted HSMP contact center and they said that If u dont have that letter send us the exceptional evidences but what if they didn't consider the exceptional evidences. I emailed them as well just as to get a written proof that they will consider the exceptional evidences but they always replied with the same answer written in their guidance booklet. I also contacted Home Office to find out the procedure of getting a Letter of Permission but they never gave me an appropriate answer.

Is there anyone else who had the same issue?

Plz reply!!!!

Regards
Mudassir

Mudassir
Newly Registered

Plz Reply

Post by Mudassir » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:26 am

Can anyone help me with the querry i posted....

Thanks

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:28 am

Hello there,

at the time of applying for extension of your student visa while you were doing your MSc, you should have recieved a letter from HO, with a reference number on it, just confirming the extension -

If your university has helped you with this (International Office or something) they coud have kept the letter or perhaps gave it to you with the passport but you lost it ?

In any case - take it easy just provide the neutraised copy of passport pages and mention clearly on the form and covering letter that you have lost the letter

Hope this helps