ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Reg. Appointment booked in SET-M should be SET-O

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shaaskul
Newly Registered

Urgent - Reg. Appointment booked in SET-M should be SET-O

Post by shaaskul » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Hi,

My wife is on Tier 1 Dependent visa and I am on ILR (When I applying she did not complete her 2 years)

Now while applying ILR for her - I had booked appointment with UKBA Croydon but I had booked it under SET-M rather than SET-O - Please let me know if its going to be a problem as the fee is the same £1,426

And how should I go about - Reschedule with SET-O or should I contact Croydon PEO (And again really not able to get hold of them)

Please advise !

Thanks
S

dk2011

Re: Urgent - Reg. Appointment booked in SET-M should be SET-

Post by dk2011 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:29 pm

In this case , you should contact Croydon PEO first.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:44 pm

It depends how you get your ILR .if u get your ILR by work permit then form is set(o) and otherwise set(m). What I suggest is you take both forms fully prepared with all supporting documents and let them know at the office that you are confuse about form so if they want other form you have that one as well,or talk to manager there and explain that situation so they will help you.no doubt staff is very helpful at Croydon .

I myself took both form and when my case worker asked for other form I submit that as well .
ss

shaaskul
Newly Registered

Post by shaaskul » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:43 am

SSWSZ wrote:It depends how you get your ILR .if u get your ILR by work permit then form is set(o) and otherwise set(m). What I suggest is you take both forms fully prepared with all supporting documents and let them know at the office that you are confuse about form so if they want other form you have that one as well,or talk to manager there and explain that situation so they will help you.no doubt staff is very helpful at Croydon .

I myself took both form and when my case worker asked for other form I submit that as well .
Hi,

I (Main applicant) took my ILR aftere 5 years of stay being in Tier 1 General, my wife's initial Tier 1 was back in Feb-2012 and then had to extend her Tier 1 once more in Jan-2013 (When I took my ILR she did not complete 2 years) - While taking UKBA did confirm that I would not affected by Jul-2012 change for dependent to stay for 5 years

Now I can take both SET-M and SET-0 filled with all the required documentation - but I have booked and paid for my appointment as SET-M - Should that matter as the fee is anyway the same £1,426?

Thanks
S

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:15 am

Then it must be set(o) .but still I suggest take both forms with you but talk to them and clearly mention them that you want to submit correct form before handling them your case.dont worry staff will definitely help you .
ss

madhudwh.s
Newly Registered

Post by madhudwh.s » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:52 am

shaaskul wrote:Hi,

My wife is on Tier 1 Dependent visa and I am on ILR (When I applying she did not complete her 2 years)

Now while applying ILR for her - I had booked appointment with UKBA Croydon but I had booked it under SET-M rather than SET-O - Please let me know if its going to be a problem as the fee is the same £1,426

And how should I go about - Reschedule with SET-O or should I contact Croydon PEO (And again really not able to get hold of them)

Please advise !

Thanks
S
Hi

Presently my situation is exactly like urs mate. I am on ILR my wife on Tier1 dependent till Nov 2014.Can you please help me regarding the same.

what you did,did u dropped set(m) or set(o).

Can you please let me know.And what are the documents did you submitted.

Reards
Madhu

shaaskul
Newly Registered

Post by shaaskul » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:17 am

Called up UKBA Croydon and they advised that the appointment as SET-M would be fine as its ILR anyway + the same fees - So they said the appointment could be left as it is but I would need to bring in SET-O form

To be on the safer side - I would take both

Hopefully the agents during my appointment won't cause any confusion

madhudwh.s
Newly Registered

Post by madhudwh.s » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:33 am

shaaskul wrote:Called up UKBA Croydon and they advised that the appointment as SET-M would be fine as its ILR anyway + the same fees - So they said the appointment could be left as it is but I would need to bring in SET-O form

To be on the safer side - I would take both

Hopefully the agents during my appointment won't cause any confusion
Thank you so much..

what are the documents did u submitted?

shaaskul
Newly Registered

Post by shaaskul » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:52 am

I am still gathering it and discussing with my friend who did recently - But from my research so far,

1. Cohabitation proof - 6 documents (If both names are in the same statement / address) - Council tax, Water bill, Joint account bank stmts, Gas / Electric (Staggered for the past 2 years) - As I had joint bills from 4 different sources its fine to use the same sources statements twice
2. Marriage certificate
3. Payslips (Mine - last 3 months, My wife's - last 3 months) - Wife's not mandatory but having it so I might as well take it (Just in case)
4. Life in UK pass certificate
5. English language assessment certificate (Point based calculator print out + Degree certificate + English language letter from University)
6. Usual stuffs (My wife's passport, Tier 1 general dependant BRP card, my passport / BRP card + photocopy)
7. Photo
8. Photocopies of the above

I will reply once I finalise the list

Thanks
S

madhudwh.s
Newly Registered

Post by madhudwh.s » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:40 pm

[quote="shaaskul"]I am still gathering it and discussing with my friend who did recently - But from my research so far,

1. Cohabitation proof - 6 documents (If both names are in the same statement / address) - Council tax, Water bill, Joint account bank stmts, Gas / Electric (Staggered for the past 2 years) - As I had joint bills from 4 different sources its fine to use the same sources statements twice
2. Marriage certificate
3. Payslips (Mine - last 3 months, My wife's - last 3 months) - Wife's not mandatory but having it so I might as well take it (Just in case)
4. Life in UK pass certificate
5. English language assessment certificate (Point based calculator print out + Degree certificate + English language letter from University)
6. Usual stuffs (My wife's passport, Tier 1 general dependant BRP card, my passport / BRP card + photocopy)
7. Photo
8. Photocopies of the above

I will reply once I finalise the list

Thanks
#

Thank you verymuch....

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:58 pm

shaaskul wrote:Hi,

Please advise !

Thanks
S

Hi Shaaskul,

Please update on your wife's visa.
Did she get the ILR without hassle? If she got, which form CW took.
Please update on this.
Surya

shaaskul
Newly Registered

Post by shaaskul » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:31 pm

I'm still hoping all is fine as her appointment is on 22-Mar-2014 :-) - But I did call up Croydon PEO to confirm that my appointment booked as SET-M should not matter as its the same fee but I should bring SET-O Form. I am going to take completed version of both (Just in case)

Will update after Mar 22nd