ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent To Contracting with Same company but different cli

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zeon14
Newly Registered

Permanent To Contracting with Same company but different cli

Post by Zeon14 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:46 am

Hi

I joined a company who worldwide is a software and management consultancy but in UK they are only sourcing candidates from market and placing them directly on Client sides. I was hired by them in October 2013 on permanent roles and directly worked on their client office. They used to bill the client on daily basis while paying me a permanent salary of 70K.

The client project finished Feb 24'2014 and I had no project for 3 weeks but was paid to be on BENCH as normal consultant firms do.

I start a new project Tuesday and now I have been offered a Contract offer by my consultancy at 450/day. I am being asked to resign on Monday and join on Tuesday as a contractor on the new client site.

My concerns :
1. I have heard about the IR35 friday to Monday rule. Most probably I am under it due to the way my status is changing however - reading the rules closely , I needed some clarification that because I am with a firm who doesn't have its own work i mean I don't work on project work within my company but always on client site, and given the fact the date I am being converted as a contractor, I am starting at a new client, does that help me having a strong case to be considered outside IR35. As its not the parent company I work at every day so the environment is not same (which is one statement in IR35 ruling), does that help?

2. Is there any measures I can take to stay outside IR35.

3. There are insurances in the market etc but what do they cover you for (Sorry I am a new bie to contracting). Do they cover you for cases like above?

4. Will involving an umbrella company in between make any difference? As of now I was thinking to have my own limited company.

5. Can I ask my employer to make me join as a contractor after 15 days and would that help avoid the Friday - monday rule?

I would really appreciate if you can reply to this ASAP as Monday I have to sign contracts.

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Permanent To Contracting with Same company but different

Post by Wanderer » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:48 pm

Bin it, 450/day isn't a 70k salary, especially since you are 100% caught by IR35.

1. you are caught

2. Turn it down

3. Yes but not if you 100% caught like this

4. Yes, but you will be a lot worse off.

5. Yes, but it won't make any difference, still IR35 caught....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....