ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can HSMP visa holders work in Dublin

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

webhunter
Member of Standing

Can HSMP visa holders work in Dublin

Post by webhunter » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:43 pm

Hi all,

Was just wondering if HSMP visa holders can work in Dublin? To the best of my knowledge Dublin does not belong to Northen Ireland, however some agencies seem to say that HSMP holders can work in Dublin.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: Can HSMP visa holders work in Dublin

Post by olisun » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:45 pm

webhunter wrote:however some agencies seem to say that HSMP holders can work in Dublin.
I don't think HSMP holders can work outside the UK using the HSMP visa.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:46 pm

Dublin is part of the Republic of Ireland. Not part of the UK. So the answer is "no".
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:26 pm

webhunter wrote:Hi all,

Was just wondering if HSMP visa holders can work in Dublin? To the best of my knowledge Dublin does not belong to Northen Ireland, however some agencies seem to say that HSMP holders can work in Dublin.

The answer is NO. The only advantage you will have that as you are in UK, so some Irish company/ Agency might be interested in you...

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:47 pm

webhunter

As susual, this is a trick from agencies. But what they say is 'true' They saud 'HSMP holders can work in Dublin' they did not say 'HSMP holders can work in Dublin without work permit"

The egencies intention here is fishing the higly qulified appliclants especially who have Skills needed in Dublin.

Pantaiema

webhunter wrote:Hi all,