ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any guesses what this visit visa exit stamp indicates to...

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

userduluth
Newly Registered

Any guesses what this visit visa exit stamp indicates to...

Post by userduluth » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:24 pm

This is the stamp issued to my mother upon arrival to Dublin airport..the officer called me up and asked how many days she is gonna stay to that I said 3 months and the stamp looks like this when she comes out...so any guesses to what its written there in regards to exit date...

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:32 pm

What a bad hand-writing!. Go back to the immigration office and ask them for clarity
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:50 pm

I *think* they wrote "permission to remain in Ireland until 30 Nov" and "register at visa GNIB" (which is consistent with her entry stamp and the duration of stay you gave to them).

But indeed the handwriting is anything but clear ... You'd probably better follow the suggestion to go to the GNIB and ask them what the story is to be sure.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:31 pm

jeupsy wrote:I *think* they wrote "permission to remain in Ireland until 30 Nov" and "register at visa GNIB" (which is consistent with her entry stamp and the duration of stay you gave to them).

But indeed the handwriting is anything but clear ... You'd probably better follow the suggestion to go to the GNIB and ask them what the story is to be sure.
From 30 July the date the passport was stamped until 30 Nov which you think is 4 months and therefore isnt right. It should be October but that hand-written looks nothing like OCT.

It looks though like SEP but the Op should definitely see the immigration in that regards

userduluth
Newly Registered

Post by userduluth » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks for your replies,

Any idea what's the situation currently at GNIB office(My last visit to this office is in 2010 since then I am Irish citizen) for these types of situation, can we go directly or do we need to take appointment as I noticed on the inis website regarding some changes to the visiting structure

inis says :
A new reception facility is being created which will be dedicated to customers and visitors. The existing entrance is being retained for staff only.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:55 am

userduluth wrote:Thanks for your replies,

Any idea what's the situation currently at GNIB office(My last visit to this office is in 2010 since then I am Irish citizen) for these types of situation, can we go directly or do we need to take appointment as I noticed on the inis website regarding some changes to the visiting structure

inis says :
A new reception facility is being created which will be dedicated to customers and visitors. The existing entrance is being retained for staff only.
Just go to the immigration office and find out what the story is!. Enough said already

userduluth
Newly Registered

Post by userduluth » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:48 am

Just go to the immigration office and find out what the story is!. Enough said already
Thanks for the suggestion(IntegratedMigrant), yes I will go there... but please read the line I wrote ANY IDEA...hope you get the point
:)

bazzare
Newly Registered

Post by bazzare » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:34 pm

looks to me like it says 30 days.. ??

userduluth
Newly Registered

Post by userduluth » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:27 am

bazzare wrote:looks to me like it says 30 days.. ??
Yes, I cross checked with my Irish colleagues and they said its 30 day visit..

affantamim
Newly Registered

Re: Any guesses what this visit visa exit stamp indicates to

Post by affantamim » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:56 am

This is clear to me. 30 DAYS,VISIT,GNIB

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Any guesses what this visit visa exit stamp indicates to

Post by chaoclive » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:55 am

affantamim wrote:This is clear to me. 30 DAYS,VISIT,GNIB
Agreed. Makes sense too. They don't have to give her 3 months when she enters...they often give less and then it's up to you to get her sorted out at the GNIB before the time is up.