ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

making it in ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Re: making it in ireland

Post by 357mag » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:40 pm

The important factor is residency, there are some who live there but their business is elsewhere.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:02 am

It's definitely true that these people exist. Any successes in applying for an EEAFP via Surinder Singh?

If there are please provide a link so that I can see how they did it. Cheers.

sony44

Post by sony44 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:08 am

It must be another EU country.why would you even bother leaving your local area if it was about working?

surindersingh4us
Newly Registered

Post by surindersingh4us » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:18 pm

for a female, british citizen trying to make a life with her married partner in ireland , your information and insight is much much more than just helpful , god bless you brigid from Ireland, i was thinking after getting residence permit i will move back to uk , but the more i read and learn the more i want to stay in ireland .as long as me and husband have a job a roof on our heads and we are together, no matter if i earn magic 18k digit , if i have him and our kids with us we should be alright. thank you once again my unknown friend, you are amazing

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:58 pm

to use surinder singh route eu citizen has to move to another country to exercise treaty rights and come back to home country .
like a british citizen has to move any where else in eu, as northern Ireland is part of united kingdom so working there would not be classed as working in another eu state it will be claeesed as working in united kingdom .
HO will not accept application under surinder singh .if above applied.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

maaberglady45

Post by maaberglady45 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:34 am

Hi Guys.. wondering if anyone can help please??
I have relocated to ireland since 16th of april to exercise treaty.. but I havent taken up any job yet since am going to Ghana for abt 7 weeks for preparation towards marriage ceremony on the 21st of June and return on 5th of July
Jux like to know will my 3months start from 16th of April wen my tenancy began on 4th of July wen I return to ireland.

Please if someone knows what it is can they kindly advise please??

Thanks

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:10 pm

Have you got PPS number yet?
Brigid seems wisest on such a matter but I would suggest it starts from April.
Pity you dont get married in Ireland.
The thing is the exercising treaty rights is down to you, your partner does not have to be there for 3 months. You can even play it as being there as self sufficient now if case C-456/12 is used.

I recall Brigid writing to one forum member that they are not too strict on EEA citizen being there for more than 3 months without a job. As long as you are not a burden by drawing benefit. As the rules say you can be self-sufficient.
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

maaberglady45

Post by maaberglady45 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:45 am

Thanks 357mag

Yes I have a pps number now and looking to open a bank account soon.

Jux dont know hw it will be getting a job and having to go to africa for abt 6weeks for wedding preparations..

So confused..

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Thu May 01, 2014 1:57 pm

read this,
http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs ... 0032en.pdf

In the light of all the foregoing, the Court rules that where an EU citizen has, pursuant to and in conformity with the provisions of Directive 2004/38 relating to a right of residence for a period of longer than three months, created or strengthened a family life with a third-country national during genuine residence in a Member State other than that of which he is a national, the provisions of that directive apply by analogy where that EU citizen returns, with the family member in question, to his Member State of origin.

Your "residence" in Ireland has started. You are allowed to leave Ireland and go back as often as you like (with limits)and still maintain your residence there (keep paying the bills).

I have not heard of anyone using C-456/12 yet so it would be a difficult one and probably need an appeal but it should work.

You dont have to work, you could just be there as self-suficient for just over 3 months. That you have got married during that time is your evidence of "creating or strengthening a relationship". In fact there is no requirement to be working etc during the first 3 months, you have the right to just be there. Ok so from 3 months you can be self sufficint for a short while before going home. Your husband does not have to be there for 3 months at all, he could just join you in your last week of stay there. Oh, and get CSI (private medical insurance) before the end of your first 3 months if you are doing the next bit as self sufficient.

Soon as your husband is in Eire get him his PPS number. You could be back in blighty by end of July.

maaberglady45

Post by maaberglady45 » Thu May 01, 2014 2:52 pm

That really has made me more relaxed now. Thanks ever so much.. didnt want my going home to be a problem for his application at all.