ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ukrainian citizen living in EU, moving to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

semax
Newly Registered

Ukrainian citizen living in EU, moving to Ireland

Post by semax » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:57 pm

Greetings to all,

I am a 21 year old citizen of Ukraine, living in Czech Republic (member state of EU) for the past 13 years on the basis of permanent residence permit. My mother is a citizen of Czech Republic (thus EU citizen), currently living and working in Ireland for the past 6 years.
I would like to join her in Ireland as soon as possible and live and eventually work there. I am currently waiting to obtain my Czech citizenship, so I will become a EU citizen and will be able to live in Ireland without much issues. But until that time (which can be as long as 16 months), I need to find the easiest way to live and work in Ireland. My mother would provide for me until I would be able to do so myself.

I will be deeply grateful, if someone could point me in the right direction and advise me on the steps I need to take to be able to live in Ireland as soon as possible.

My gratitude to any responders.

semax
Newly Registered

Re: Ukrainian citizen living in EU, moving to Ireland

Post by semax » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Anybody...?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:01 pm

If your mother is a Czech citizen, why did you not claimed Czech citizenship as a child of Czech national ?

Was ur mother a Czech national by birth ? OR

If she got her Czech citizenship through naturalization, when was that i.e. Month/Year ?

semax
Newly Registered

Post by semax » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:13 pm

She was born Ukrainian, received her Czech citizenship in approx. 2008.

I had a chance to get it with her, but my father didn't want to sign the necessary papers because I would lose Ukrainian citizenship. Now I can have dual citizenship, so I filed my request last month.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Can your mother travel to join you, and return with you in her care?

If she is a Czech citizen living in Ireland, she may still be entitled to migrant worker rights, which might make it possible for her to bring you with her to Ireland, but you would need to be together, have both passports and your birth cert to show she is your mother.

What type of permanent residence permit do you have in Czech? Is it an EUFAM card, if yes this is good, as I think it means you can travel on the passport if you have the EUFAM card also.
BL

Conejo77
Newly Registered

Post by Conejo77 » Thu May 01, 2014 6:16 pm

Hi Semax,

If you go to and Irish embassy and explain your situation they might grant you a "Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen"
Check this out:

Holders of document called "Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen"

Family members of an EU citizen who are holders of a document called "Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen" as referred to in Articles 5 (2) and 10 (1) of Directive 2004/38/EC are not subject to an Irish visa requirement.

Link: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Sh ... ily_member