ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which bank account for claiming self employed earning points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Which bank account for claiming self employed earning points

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:16 pm

Dear Memebers,

I am planning to start a self employment work and wondering that in order to gain points for earning if I can use my personal bank account or a separate bank accounts needs for that self employed business. I don't want to risk receiving money in wrong sort of bank account which is not acceptable for UKBA for assessing self employed earning points.

I hope you will advise me ASAP.

afzalfinance

Re: Which bank account for claiming self employed earning po

Post by afzalfinance » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:34 am

Any personal bank account can be used for this purpose. To make it easy to sort things easy better you use one account for receicing money from self emplyment.
God help those who help themselves

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:29 pm

@afzalfinance

Many thanks, If possible can you provide me another guidelines on my question on setting up self employed or limited company for claiming points for Tier 1 general. Which is the most suitable form.

Kind Regards,

afzalfinance

Post by afzalfinance » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:40 am

self employed and ltd company both will work as many people are getting visas on both. Ltd company is better option in terms of tax as the accountants suggest. You should decide on the basis of services you would offer.Search the market to know if same sort of services are normally given by Limited companies or in self employed capacity and then decide.
In case of a limited company you would need to have a compnay bank account for receiving amounts for the products sold or services given. In case of a limited compnay your personal bank account would not be acceptable for receiving mony. However you would still need to have maintenance funds in your own personal bank account as maintenance funds would be not accepted of that in Limited bank account as the company is a seperate legel entity.
God help those who help themselves

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:37 pm

afzalfinance wrote:self employed and ltd company both will work as many people are getting visas on both. Ltd company is better option in terms of tax as the accountants suggest. You should decide on the basis of services you would offer.Search the market to know if same sort of services are normally given by Limited companies or in self employed capacity and then decide.
In case of a limited company you would need to have a compnay bank account for receiving amounts for the products sold or services given. In case of a limited compnay your personal bank account would not be acceptable for receiving mony. However you would still need to have maintenance funds in your own personal bank account as maintenance funds would be not accepted of that in Limited bank account as the company is a seperate legel entity.
I am really thankful for your advise and guidance.

Kind RegaRDS,
Naveed