ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LODGING A JUDICIAL REVIEW WITHOUT A LAWYER (PLEASE HELP)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

INDIANBABE1
Newly Registered

LODGING A JUDICIAL REVIEW WITHOUT A LAWYER (PLEASE HELP)

Post by INDIANBABE1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:47 pm

Hello All,

With much good advise from Olasunkanmi and a few others I believe the JR is the only way forward. The problem is that I was suggested to do it on my own by filling in the forms which were directed by Olasunkanmi. I am having some trouble doing this on my own and have tried consulting a lawyer whom said he will charge me a minimum of £1,000 to lodge this to the high court for a date. Therefore I really need help from all of you in here to aid me with information on how to put the JR by myself. Based on the format of the claim i am about to make it states;

Under section of Letter before Claim, does this apply to me? Will anyone be able to direct me about this link http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/proced ... l/prot_jrv and advise me which sections I need to fill in because I am so confused.

POINT 1 "Before making a claim, the claimant should send a letter to the defendant. The purpose of this letter is to identify the issues in dispute and establish whether litigation can be avoided" (CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO ON THIS PART)
Do I need to write to the defendant (HO) first?

POINT 2: "The letter should normally contain the details of any interested parties known to the claimant. They should be sent a copy of the letter before claim for information. Claimants are strongly advised to seek appropriate legal advice when considering such proceedings and, in particular, before sending the letter before claim to other interested parties or making a claim". (DOES THIS MEAN THAT I NEED TO HAVE SOME LEGAL KNOWLEDGE TO DO THIS? BECAUSE I DONT)

To all the people whom had experience with JR I really hope you can guide me thru this. I have lost so much money, with so many lawyers in the past and I have none left to spare of this circumstance. PLEASE HELP.