ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife Dependant Visa from outside UK-Maintenance Funds Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nikyn
Newly Registered

Wife Dependant Visa from outside UK-Maintenance Funds Query

Post by nikyn » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:34 am

I gone through different group discussions in this forum but couldn’t find anything related my query. Also gone through the below Guidance by Sushil sir and Vinny sir but didn’t understand the below highlighted field in blue ink, hence thought to raise a new topic.
I am planning to apply for dependant visa for my wife who is in India. I am in UK since past 4years.She has maintained £2000 in her account in one of the nationalised bank in India since past three months. It is a last minute decision and if I have to submit my UK bank statements I have to wait for another 3months.Is this acceptable and is this amount enough as maintenance funds.
Is it mandatory for me to submit my bank statements and payslips as maintenance funds.
Also if possible please update me with any new rules.
It’s a humble request to any moderator to please help me with this query at your earliest. Also anybody done this is past or any related advice with be highly appreciated.
Many Thanks in advance.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 62853.html

Appendix E - Maintenance (funds) for the family of Relevant Points Based Systems Migrants wrote:(e) Where the Relevant Points Based System Migrant is applying for entry clearance or leave to remain at the same time as the applicant, the amount of funds available to the applicant must be in addition to the level of funds required separately of the Relevant Points Based System Migrant.

(l) Where the application is one of a number of applications made at the same time as a partner or child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant (as set out in paragraphs 319A and 319F) each applicant, including the Relevant Points Based System Migrant if applying at the same time, must have the total requisite funds specified in the relevant parts of appendices C and E.
which essentially means that, as per law, the principal migrant needs to show maintenance funds for himself / herself only when he is a named applicant. Conversely, if the dependant is applying for leave to enter or remain separately then there is no needto show evidence of 900 pounds (for the main migrant) in addition to the 1800/600 pounds for each dependant.

nikyn
Newly Registered

Re: Wife Dependant Visa from outside UK-Maintenance Funds Qu

Post by nikyn » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:53 pm

Dear Moderators and Senior Members,

Please can somebody help me with my question.I am really seeking this advise very badly and need to apply ASAP.

My only question is can i submit my wife's Indian bank statements and not mine for maintenance funds?

Please help Me!

Thanks a Million !!!!!

mr_mar

Post by mr_mar » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:25 am

I do believe that the account has to be on the name of the person making the application (main applicant). I don't remember seeing alternatives for this point in particular. The idea of the maintenance fund is to prove that you can support yourself and your dependants for few weeks in the UK. So I guess you will have to transfer the money and wait.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:55 am

As per my knowledge, You can show your account or your wife account also.

nikyn
Newly Registered

Post by nikyn » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:39 pm

Thanks for your reply mr_mar and haiksuresh.
I am asking this question on basis of our moderators guidelines as below in one of his posts.In fact one of my friend submitted his wives statements about a year ago and got her visa.But just just wanted to be sure that is that rule still valid.

I am really seeking some more expert advise from senior members and will find myself luck if i got some advise from any of the moderators specially from Vinny sir or sushil sir.

Sushil Sir guidance as below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 62853.html

by sushdmehta » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:15 pm
Bank account for maintenance funds
One may open or maintain bank account(s) in any regulated bank anywhere in the world in any of the following combinations:

Adult dependent = Sole account in own name or sole account in principal migrant's name or joint account.
Child dependent = Sole account in own name or sole account in principal migrant's name or joint account with principal migrantor joint account of parents.

One may use a single bank account or use multiple bank accounts (in multiple countries) to satisfy the maintenance funds requirement.