ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sarahstone
Newly Registered

Refusal

Post by sarahstone » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Please I need clarification from members. I have just received my refusal letter and the reasons are:

'During your interview, when asked how you have been maintaining yourself in the UK you replied ''salary' '. How can you claim to have been maintaining yourself through your salary when you own a business? Now this is where I am confused because the last time I checked directors earn salary and this is what I have been living on since my business started in 2012. Another refusal point was, you have claimed that your family gave you the £50,000 as a gift and provided your bank statement to show the funds being transferred. What you should have provided are bank statements from your family to show that they have sufficient funds to be able to afford to give you £50,000. I am just speechless or am I missing something?

fidodido
Newly Registered

Re: Refusal

Post by fidodido » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:55 pm

They rejected me on similar points
I dont know what they are looking for ..sighh

zeeshan81

Post by zeeshan81 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi guys
What was your interview date

sarahstone
Newly Registered

Post by sarahstone » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:22 pm

zeeshan81 wrote:Hi guys
What was your interview date
March 3rd.

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Post by cpmlkhan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:40 pm

sarahstone wrote:Please I need clarification from members. I have just received my refusal letter and the reasons are:

'During your interview, when asked how you have been maintaining yourself in the UK you replied ''salary' '. How can you claim to have been maintaining yourself through your salary when you own a business? Now this is where I am confused because the last time I checked directors earn salary and this is what I have been living on since my business started in 2012. Another refusal point was, you have claimed that your family gave you the £50,000 as a gift and provided your bank statement to show the funds being transferred. What you should have provided are bank statements from your family to show that they have sufficient funds to be able to afford to give you £50,000. I am just speechless or am I missing something?
Hello Sarah,

1st of all i am sorry to hear about that. Yes you are missing here something, there is something called dividends which you supposed to tell them in your answer. 2nd about your bank statement its not clear.
1st objection is justifiable.

sarahstone
Newly Registered

Post by sarahstone » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:50 pm

You don't necessary need to use dividends you can also get paid via director's salary which I get.

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:52 pm

Nothing is wrong its just that the case worker was not satisfied with your answers.

Dividends are out of profits where as Director salary is charged to expenses so a director can support his living from director salary even if there are no dividends due to low profits.

You got gift from family and the case worker want to know whether your family is wealthy enough to give you this gift :D ... what can i say .... :lol: Go for appeal you will win.

sarahstone wrote:Please I need clarification from members. I have just received my refusal letter and the reasons are:

Always help others..... it always come back to you.
Even if i know the answer ... i have this habit of confirming from others..

sarahstone
Newly Registered

Post by sarahstone » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:59 pm

Thanks MT510!

passion5

Post by passion5 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:15 am

recently my friend has had the same refusal grounds on funds, He clearly told that the funds available to me are from family thats it and the family is very wealthy, the Eco became jelius and refused. now it was on the part of eco to ask further evidence to provide the details of family wealth, how can a person during interview demonstrate his/her family wealth and property they own,, Eco try to become extra smart and refuse on the point that their source of money in not viable and credible. by law they should ask for further evidence with in 28 day which they never do,,,,,could you plz quote the full refusal words in term of money from family, i just wanted to match ,,i hope its the same words,,,,,,good luck u are the winner these are the silly and insane refusal grounds,,

fidodido
Newly Registered

Post by fidodido » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:12 am

i applied on 25 march 2014 and got refusal on 8 april 2014

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:55 am

@ sarahstone, your appeal case should be a straightforward win if your business is actively trading. Just take all your company invoices and trading evidences to court and the judge shouldn't find it difficult to allow your appeal.

There is no requirement that you should proof how much your family have in their account to be able to give you the 50k as a gift.
There is also no requirement that directors cannot take salary from their business, HO only state that such salary wont be part of your investment funds.

Your case don't even require any lawyer if you are a confident individual that can face a judge without being nervous. I wish you the best.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

mcr2013

Post by mcr2013 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:22 am

I think easy win

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:23 am

Sorry to hear about ur refusal. Could you please put full exact refusal wording here?

Kumar197

Post by Kumar197 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:13 pm

@sarah...I am 100% sure that you gonna win the appeal even without lawyer as olaksunami said...just for your knowledge let me tell you one thing which might b useful to u in appeal to define your self

In the business for directors salary has a special accounting word ------directors are also get paid and it's called "director's remuneration" which is director's right to get because he works in the business as well..now dividend cums when co got profit director get dividend which is annually and not certain entirely depend on profit and loss of the co.but remuneration is a current monthly expense which he get paid every month as a wages...

Hope it gives u clear picture...

Now it's entirely up to you to play with word and define your self.
Goodluck

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:25 pm

i would just add that director gets salary or remuneration because he is director(as he is working for company) and he gets dividend because he owns shares in company. As dividends are issued to shares holders in ours case we hold shares thats why we are also entitled to get dividends. But as Kumar197 stated dividends technically are only issued if company makes profit. In case of loss company cannot issue dividends
Kumar197 wrote:@sarah...I am 100% sure that you gonna win the appeal even without lawyer as olaksunami said...just for your knowledge let me tell you one thing which might b useful to u in appeal to define your self

In the business for directors salary has a special accounting word ------directors are also get paid and it's called "director's remuneration" which is director's right to get because he works in the business as well..now dividend cums when co got profit director get dividend which is annually and not certain entirely depend on profit and loss of the co.but remuneration is a current monthly expense which he get paid every month as a wages...

Hope it gives u clear picture...

Now it's entirely up to you to play with word and define your self.
Goodluck

sindhoo

Post by sindhoo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Please read this link it might help you :

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/insmanual/ins44280.htm

sarahstone
Newly Registered

Post by sarahstone » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Thanks a lot guys! You've been very helpful.