ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa or Child Visitor Visa for Under 18

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shani_haider
Newly Registered

Family Visitor Visa or Child Visitor Visa for Under 18

Post by shani_haider » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:13 am

Hi All,

I am very confused and need urgent help. My brother filled online family visitor visa application form but later he realized that he need to fill out the other application form "Child Visitor Visa" as he is under 18.

He is filling his application form on following site https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/User/Home

He has withdrawn his application as for family visitor visa as their Eligibility is following:

You must prove that you:

are 18 or over - Which he is not
are visiting the UK for less than 6 months
will leave the UK at the end of your visit
have enough money to support yourself without working or help from public funds, or that relatives and friends can support and house you
can pay for your return or onward journey
are not in transit to a country outside the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands

Now he is trying to submit new application using

Reason For Visit: VISIT
Visa Type: SPECIAL VISITOR
Visa Sub Type: (SPECIAL )CHILD VISITOR

But when he try to select above options he is prompted with following questions:

Visa Confirmation Question(s)

Do you intend to work in the UK? Yes No
Is the main purpose of your trip to visit/stay with a close family relative who is settled in the UK? Yes NO
Do you intend to study in the UK? Yes NO

If he selects YES for second question he get following prompt:

You have answered 'yes' to one or more or the visa selection questions.

This means the visa type you have selected may not be the correct choice for your trip.

Please check the guidance at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/

shani_haider
Newly Registered

Re: Family Visitor Visa or Child Visitor Visa for Under 18

Post by shani_haider » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:55 am

ADMINS CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS MATTER AS IT IS VERY URGENT AND I AM CONTINUOUSLY REFRESHING THIS PAGE
shani_haider wrote:Hi All,

I am very confused and need urgent help. My brother filled online family visitor visa application form but later he realized that he need to fill out the other application form "Child Visitor Visa" as he is under 18.

He is filling his application form on following site https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/User/Home

He has withdrawn his application as for family visitor visa as their Eligibility is following:

You must prove that you:

are 18 or over - Which he is not
are visiting the UK for less than 6 months
will leave the UK at the end of your visit
have enough money to support yourself without working or help from public funds, or that relatives and friends can support and house you
can pay for your return or onward journey
are not in transit to a country outside the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands

Now he is trying to submit new application using

Reason For Visit: VISIT
Visa Type: SPECIAL VISITOR
Visa Sub Type: (SPECIAL )CHILD VISITOR

But when he try to select above options he is prompted with following questions:

Visa Confirmation Question(s)

Do you intend to work in the UK? Yes No
Is the main purpose of your trip to visit/stay with a close family relative who is settled in the UK? Yes NO
Do you intend to study in the UK? Yes NO

If he selects YES for second question he get following prompt:

You have answered 'yes' to one or more or the visa selection questions.

This means the visa type you have selected may not be the correct choice for your trip.

Please check the guidance at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/

np123
Newly Registered

Re: Family Visitor Visa or Child Visitor Visa for Under 18

Post by np123 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:57 am

Can you update me what was the solution.
I am trying to apply for my sister-in-laws visitor visa who is under 18.

I have doubt regarding the sponsorship, can i show my bank stmts as carer in UK?

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks.