ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many of you with the visa have gotten an accountant?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

niomi
United States of America

How many of you with the visa have gotten an accountant?

Post by niomi » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:32 pm

I'm on this visa and have 2 years left to make the investment and hire two people. How many of you have gotten a proper accountant to help with payroll as you make the hires, and make sure you have been spending the investment money properly? I am in the midst of deciding whether I should get someone on monthly so that they can keep all the appropriate employment papers for each hire, or if I should try to do it myself...

ALSO, can I hire someone who is on a visa & permitted to work but NOT yet indefinite leave to remain?

adilzia
Member of Standing

Re: How many of you with the visa have gotten an accountant?

Post by adilzia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Definitely you need a charted accountant to get sorted your documents.You can make a deal with your accountant on year basis.
But i recommend you make deal with your accountant for whole case.And try to find this kind of accountant who knows about immigration matters as well.Then he will b able to issue all documents in the correct format as HO required.
I have done the same thing.And i am totally relax now. :D :D

niomi
United States of America

Post by niomi » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:38 am

Thank you!! Can I ask how much you paid for that? I'm at a loss as it seems like all accountants in London are extremely expensive!

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:53 pm

adilzia wrote:Definitely you need a charted accountant to get sorted your documents.You can make a deal with your accountant on year basis.
But i recommend you make deal with your accountant for whole case.And try to find this kind of accountant who knows about immigration matters as well.Then he will b able to issue all documents in the correct format as HO required.
I have done the same thing.And i am totally relax now. :D :D
Hi Adilzia,

I am also in need of similare accountant who can work towards entrepreneur extension creteria and accounting matters and relivent documention.

Could you please provide me your contact number / your accountant contant number to discuss further.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks,
La.

niomi
United States of America

Post by niomi » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:22 pm

Also one more question!

can I use a bookkeeper for 2 years but get a certified accountant to check/draft everything before my extension?

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:31 pm

yes you can. But i think its better to have chartered accountant now as he will the one who will issue letters. For example, if bookkeeper says you can do something but after 2 years chartered accountant might disagree with this so i think its better to have it now.
niomi wrote:Also one more question!

can I use a bookkeeper for 2 years but get a certified accountant to check/draft everything before my extension?
Last edited by entrepreneur123 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:32 pm

niomi wrote:Also one more question!

Hi Niomi,

Earlier we had telephonic discussion on phone. I am trying to reach you to the same number to further discuss on tier 1 entrepreneur extension. But it says , number is not available. Could you please PM me your new contact number so that we can have call to discuss.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks,
La.

adilzia
Member of Standing

Post by adilzia » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:26 am

niomi wrote:Thank you!! Can I ask how much you paid for that? I'm at a loss as it seems like all accountants in London are extremely expensive!
I just met him once.He told me everything in details.Now i am going to discuss about the fee next week.
He is my friend's accountant as well.My friend just told me that he will charge reasonable amount. :D