ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I Get an ILR to settle in UK post 2014

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajthw
Newly Registered

Can I Get an ILR to settle in UK post 2014

Post by rajthw » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:41 pm

Hi,
I have recently cleared an interview and will be receiving a job offer soon from the company.
I will be moving to UK around Sept-Oct 2014 under Tier 2 General.
Will I be eligible to apply for an ILR after 5 years working and living in UK.Will I be eligible for a PR by 2019?
I have been in UK previously for 1 year under Tier 2 - ICT Short Term Visa.
I also have an opportunity to move to Canada as well with a PR Visa from the very first day, so I am confused here on arriving at a decision here.Though I am much inclined to settle in UK(I hear people say,UK no more allow settlements).
Response and guidance is much appreciated!!

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: Can I Get an ILR to settle in UK post 2014

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:33 pm

rajthw wrote:Hi,
I have recently cleared an interview and will be receiving a job offer soon from the company.
Will I be eligible to apply for an ILR after 5 years working and living in UK.Will I be eligible for a PR by 2019?
As the current rules stand yes you ll be eligible however 2019 is far away so you never know.
rajthw wrote:I also have an opportunity to move to Canada as well with a PR Visa from the very first day, so I am confused here on arriving at a decision here.Though I am much inclined to settle in UK(I hear people say,UK no more allow settlements).
Both countries have their own pro and cons, nevertheless these days Canada is more attractive than UK, there are number of reasons for that; in short if Canada is a growing economy and Britain has been grown. However if I would start again I would prefer Canada. Anyways Good luck
N/A

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
rajthw wrote:Hi,
As the current rules stand yes you ll be eligible however 2019 is far away so you never know.
rajthw wrote:I also have an opportunity to move to Canada as well with a PR Visa from the very first day, so I am confused here on arriving at a decision here.Though I am much inclined to settle in UK(I hear people say,UK no more allow settlements).
Both countries have their own pro and cons, nevertheless these days Canada is more attractive than UK, there are number of reasons for that; in short Canada is a growing economy and Britain has been done growing. However if I would start again I would prefer Canada. Anyways Good luck
N/A

rajthw
Newly Registered

Post by rajthw » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:48 pm

Thank You!!

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:51 pm

agree, if starting over and having this choice i think many of us would prefer Canada, where your immigration status is likely to be more secure. there is also United States nearby, which matters for long-term prospects.