ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension duration on PBS dependent of an ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

neesh

Extension duration on PBS dependent of an ILR?

Post by neesh » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:59 pm

Hi all

I got my ILR (from tier-1 general) approved this month (a massive thanks to everyone here on the forum). Once i recieved my BRp, I applied for my wife's (who is my T-1 General dependent) dependent extension which was successful as well.

My queries are

1. How long are the dependents granted extension for? My wife got her visa for 3 years.
2. With the new changes (like closing down of T-1 general extensions and ILRs via T-1 General) does it mean that dependents should still be okay to extend their stay after 2015/2018? My wife came after july 2012 and so will need to spend 5 years to get her ILR. Her shortfall after her current extension will be around 10 months. Would it be possible for her to get her extension when her visa expires in 2017?

3. With regards to the the kind of employment that dependents are allowed to undertake, the BRP says "Restricted Work, No dent/traning". What does restricted work mean? Can i assume that she is fine taking up any employment other than those mentioned on BRP?

4. Lastly, does the BRP specify what TYPE of PBS dependent the person is? Again her card says "PBS dependent leave to remain" but doesnt say tier-1 general PBS dependents

appreciate your replies
thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: Extension duration on PBS dependent of an ILR?

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:14 pm

3 years is correct. She can continue as a PBS dep until such time as she is eligible for settlement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.