ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR English Requirement PBS Calculator

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

salloo

Dependent ILR English Requirement PBS Calculator

Post by salloo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi Everyone,
As I can see from lots of other threads that if dependents Degree is showing up in PBS Calculator and giving 30 points of degree and 10 points of English then it will be acceptable by UKBA (No need of anything else, correct me if I misunderstood). But, I have a different case which is (I looked for) not mentioned here.

I got Tier 1 (G) in Aug 2009 and at that time the minimum qualification required was Masters degree. So, if I use PBS Calculator using those dates it is not giving My dependent the required points (30 Degree and 10 English), but when I use other dates when minimum degree requirement was Bachelor (i.e., April 2011 onward or so) then PBS is giving me required points. So, question is Will UKBA consider my dependent's such eligibility from my entry date or any date? Can I use PBS Calculator with 2011 onward dates? Or do I have to have statement of comparability from NARIC or do my dependent has to do a test etc.,?

One more thing, Should we get a letter from the institute that the degree was taught in English (Degree clearly says: Master of Arts in English)

By the way: My dependent joined me in April 2011
Thanks in Advance (Please redirect me if that has already answered somewhere)
salloo

razi.khan

Re: Dependent ILR English Requirement PBS Calculator

Post by razi.khan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:18 am

Same rules will apply with your dependant as you regardless of the rules. As you have already proof of English by IELTS OR Any test which is listed on English Qualification when you granted the visa first time, therefore provide same proof of English. For your wife my understanding is that you need to get approval from UK NARIC that the degree taught in English. But make sure that you should also provide the letter form the university that the degree/course taught in English, otherwise they will not provide you the certificate.
All of the above base on my personnel experience.

salloo

Post by salloo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:50 am

I just double checked that PBS Calculator is not giving the degree points with those dates but gives 10 points for English. So, Is this going to be acceptable?
salloo

salloo

Post by salloo » Thu May 01, 2014 10:42 am

After reading this thread, I'm now pretty much clear on following for dependants

If degree is either bachelor, master or phd and available in PBC awarding English language points 10 then the PBC printout is ok to present. Reference

Please correct me if I misunderstood.
salloo

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu May 01, 2014 10:49 am

Yes so far as 20 or more points are awarded for qualification and 10 for English Skills that should meet B1 English.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

salloo

Post by salloo » Thu May 01, 2014 11:23 am

Yes, I noticed I was using PBC as Tier 1 but when I used PBC as Tier 2 then there is no such option for degree points. Only English language points and my defendant is securing that.

As Tier 2 migrant the choices are only
  1. Sponsorship => 0
  2. Salary => 0
  3. English => 10
  4. Maintenance => 10
In the other thread replies coming from UKBA officials clearly states that use PBC as Tier 2 migrant.

Thanks
salloo

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu May 01, 2014 11:30 am

Use the other PBS calculator, it makes no difference.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

salloo

Post by salloo » Thu May 01, 2014 11:35 am

As my original post states I don't get degree points for my dependent when I use the same date as of my initial EC because at that time the minimum required was Masters degree but I do get English language points.

So, questions are

Can I use PBC print out without degree points and just only English language points with my initial EC dates as T1?
Can I use PBC print out with degree points and English language points but with other dates as T1?
Can I use PBC print out with only English language points as T2?

Which one is better?
salloo